Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 1 Apr 17, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
TINKERBELL44
Apprentice Imagineer

Sanford airport to Rosen inn @ pointe Orlando

Would someone be able to provide a detailed route via the I4 getting from Sanford to Rosen Inn thanks
TINKERBELL44 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 17, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post

There's 2 or 3 different ways. Look on google maps and see which you prefer.

I would avoid I4 late afternoon, traffic will be bad.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 17, 01:46 AM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I assume you are arriving on the 14:00 Thomson flight, so in theory will be on the road by 15:00. I've been lucky and never met heavy traffic when going west on the I4 when arriving in Sanford at that time. When you exit Sanford Airport you will be on Lake Mary Blvd.
Stay on that road until you meet the I4 (5+ miles away). Ignore the I4 sign you see just after exiting the airport within 1 mile, that takes you further north.

When you reach the I4 , the first right entry is for east, but you need the second right west exit for Orlando, about 50 yards later , as you go over the I4. It is also on the right side and does a steep right turn to join the west bound carriage way towards Orlando. You then stay on it until you get to Sandlake road (just after Universal exit). You exit on right again, take the slip road, turn left at the end (traffic lights) , then the next set of traffic lights is International drive, where you need to turn right on to it(about 50-100yds from exit, so make sure you move to the right when exiting the slip road), you then drive down idrive until you reach your hotel, also on the right (approx 1 mile).
So a very straight forward route.

As you are driving on the "wrong side of the road" the right side is the inside lane, so an easy drive. You also get a lovely view of the sky scrappers in down town Orlando, that you do not see if you use the 417 toll road.
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Apr 17, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
TINKERBELL44
Apprentice Imagineer

Many thanks
TINKERBELL44 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List