Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 3 Apr 17, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Madfish
Imagineer

Avis - return to different location than one booked

I have an Avis booking (booked via BA) picking up from Lake Buena Vista and returning to MIA. Due to a flight change I'm now looking to leave from MCO. Can I just return to MCO without charge or would I need to change the booking? The current price is the same to return to either MCO or MIA.

Will try calling BA but suspect they will be less flexible than Avis themselves.
Madfish is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 17, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

I rang BA about this yesterday as AA have changed me onto the earlier flight from PHL to MCO so was thinking of asking them if I could change my flight to TAMPA as we are going to the gulf coast first now. I asked if I could change my booking to collect the car at Tampa instead of MCO and they said it can be done, there is a £25 amendment fee plus any price difference if more, it was £6 more so £31 in total to change airports if I want to do it.
You need to speak to BA Holidays to do it.
Old 3 Apr 17, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Madfish
Imagineer

Thanks for that. My prices have gone slightly so £25 won't be too bad although was hoping that they would say it is fine to drop off at an alternative location.
Madfish is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 17, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

It would be worth speaking to Avis directly and checking with them. I've had rentals with Alamo and decided to return it to a different location and the following day and it wasn't an issue. No charges.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 17, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Madfish
Imagineer

Thanks Andy. Will give that a try. Just need to dig out a number for them.