Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 14 Apr 17, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
MikeandGemma
Gone all Goofy

Online marriage license application

Hello

We're looking to get married in Florida in August. Thinking to save time when over there, can we apply online to the court for a marriage license and have it mailed to us in the U.K. For us to take with us?

Does anyone know?

Thanks.
MikeandGemma is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 17, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
MikeandGemma
Gone all Goofy

I've seen the floridamarriagelicensebymail/ website - it seems expensive when the licence itself is only $95.00 - but I appreciate they pay that fee from their costs and also their staff/time etc.

I thought if this is something I could do myself, I would save some money.

I understand all I would need to pay for a notary over here to authenticate the official documents. Don't know how much that would be.

We just don't want a visit to the courthouse take up additional time of the holiday :-(

I understand it doesn't take long, but it's 30 minutes minimum to anyone of the closest 3 and then I understand up to 30 minute wait...so by the time there, back and done inside it's taken up 2-3hours of the day.
MikeandGemma is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 17, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
nicola09
Earning More Ears

Mobile

We are in the process of applying directly to the courthouse.
We've had the document notarized and I am posting it today.
It's $93.50 direct with them.
Once completed they are sending it to our officiant who will take to the wedding for us.

Hope that helps!
nicola09 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 17, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
MikeandGemma
Gone all Goofy

Thank you so much, that really helps!

Can I bother you with some questions!?

What did it cost to have someone notorise it? I guess you just did that with a local solicitor to you?

What website did you use? I've found myorangeclerk/Divisi...s/Apply-Online

Do you have to do this within 60 days of getting married? If so, I'll have to wait a bit to do it but I don't want to get to day 60 and then start panicking in case it doesn't arrive in the UK in time for me to have a notary stamp it and send it back etc!

It's quite confusing because some websites seem to advise that you can apply online but then still need to go to the courthouse when in Florida? I thought there must surely be a way to have it all done remotely!

Thank you so much for your reply! It is great knowing someone else has experience who can help. I don't feel there is anywhere that is very clear on exactly what to do!

Edited at 08:36 AM.
Old 15 Apr 17, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
nicola09
Earning More Ears

Mobile

We used
brevardclerk.us/how-to-apply-...rriage-license

The mail away section. You get it all emailed back to noterise and then mail it back to US which cost £8.25.

For the notary you need to find a one in your area, we searched using thenotariessociety.uk/
And found a retired solicitor who charged £50.
Some of them were quoting a lot more so worth contacting a few. I think you can get it all sorted before 60 days they just don't physically issue it before hand.

Hope that helps a little! Let me know if I can help more.
nicola09 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 17, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
MikeandGemma
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by nicola09 View Post
We used
brevardclerk.us/how-to-apply-...rriage-license

The mail away section. You get it all emailed back to noterise and then mail it back to US which cost £8.25.

For the notary you need to find a one in your area, we searched using thenotariessociety.uk/
And found a retired solicitor who charged £50.
Some of them were quoting a lot more so worth contacting a few. I think you can get it all sorted before 60 days they just don't physically issue it before hand.

Hope that helps a little! Let me know if I can help more.
Thank you, that's great! I find it odd how not all of the county courts actually allow you, or seemingly allow you, to do this mail away option!

The one I was looking at in the link I provided, basically you fill out the eApplication process and they just populate an application form with the data which you then get an ID number - which you take to the courthouse to continue your application! But it does allow you to jump the queue. I was trying to avoid the building completely.

Luckily you have found this website that offers it!

Thanks so much
Old 17 Apr 17, 07:06 AM  
Link to this Post
MikeandGemma
Gone all Goofy

After much advice and deliberation we've decided to go to the Lake County Court House (Minneola City Hall) whilst in Florida to get the license. Many people seem to suggest it is very easy and straight forward which has given us the confidence to do it whilst we are there.

I'm going to fill out the forms early (if I can work out what to put in city state county etc for my UK alternative! Don't want to get anything wrong!

Thanks for everyone's help and support :-)