Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 13 May 17, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Raph_b
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Thanks for all the great information and insight everyone 👍
Raph_b is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 17, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Ronniesmom
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We booked an intermediate took a Dodge Ram. It's huge and hubby is having the time of his life driving it.
Ronniesmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 17, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Wolverine
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Ronniesmom View Post
We booked an intermediate took a Dodge Ram. It's huge and hubby is having the time of his life driving it.
Awesome hope to get one in November cheeky request any chance of any pics also which model type is it
Wolverine is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 17, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
CADisneymum
Excited about Disney

There is loads of great info. Thank you. Can I just ask if when looking in the swap line if you have time or are allowed to check the cars or ask regarding extra perks like activated sat nav, satellite radio or the big one a reversing camera?

Thanks
CADisneymum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 17, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CADisneymum View Post
There is loads of great info. Thank you. Can I just ask if when looking in the swap line if you have time or are allowed to check the cars or ask regarding extra perks like activated sat nav, satellite radio or the big one a reversing camera?

Thanks
You can look all you like but beware so can the next person, so you may loose a car by moving on to the next to check it out.
Other preffered members can simply walk up and hop in to a car, plus if you have the App on your phone you can even select a car from the exchange row and lock it.
Old 14 May 17, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
OK looks like I'll download the Avis app. I am a preferred member and booked through BA.
However - i think I will have to go to the desk as need to add my son on as free additional driver through BA (he is also executive club member).
Can I do this at the garage or do I have to go to the desk?

We have 2 x 1 week hires - back to back. Have Chevvy Tahoe week 1, there were none available week 2, so have 7 seater - maybe swap row week 2! But we need room for 5 + cases on way back to airport.
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
SloanRangers
Excited about Disney

SloanRangers's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by TEL N KEL View Post
Other preffered members can simply walk up and hop in to a car, plus if you have the App on your phone you can even select a car from the exchange row and lock it.
I have the App on my phone but I've never seen this - is it an option that only becomes available on the day you collect the car?
2010- Port Orleans Riverside/ Royal Pacific
2013- Saratoga Springs/Portofino Bay
2015- Saratoga Springs/Sandpearl/Hard Rock Hotel
2017 - Beach Club/Sandpearl/Hard Rock Hotel
2018 - Las Vegas and Florida East Coast
2019- Los Angeles and Las Vegas
SloanRangers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Mobile

I haven't had a reply yet from Avis about syncing my booking to my preferred membership. Appreciate I only emailed them Saturday, but expected a reply by today. Am I expecting too much?
2001 DLP hen weekend, 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 2009 Hotel Cheyenne (my 40th), 2012 WDW Orlando & St Petes Beach, 2015 Miami, Orlando & Clearwater. 2017 Miami and Cape Coral 2019 NYC for BFF 50th, 2020 Orlando (cancelled due to Covid ) 2021 NYC with the family
COL41 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SloanRangers View Post
I have the App on my phone but I've never seen this - is it an option that only becomes available on the day you collect the car?
Yes you will receive a messege

Edited at 08:33 PM.
TEL N KEL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
jamie_91
Excited about Disney

Thanks for this information guys.
I also saw on the dibb to sign up to Avis preferred otherwise i wouldn't of known.
But i wish i knew about the swap section.
I paid for B class : Ford Focus or similar
Gave my Avis preferred card over, took 2 mins.
looked at my paper work. Bright blue Hyundai Tucson :O Brand new as well. pleasantly surprised
Then again i was so pleased with the car they gave me i didn't need to swap. lol
jamie_91 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List