Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 13 May 17, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
jclutton
Very Serious Dibber

15 seater vans and Disney springs multi stories.

Can you reassure me that I will be ok to park in the multi stories at disney springs.
What brings me to ask this is that I drive a van for work and the other day I got stuck at a supermarket car park that I had not visited before as they had temporarily swung back the entrance height bar and I drove through without noticing. It was only as I went to leave that I discovered that I would not fit at the exit of the lower car park. I had to get some staff members to back up the now massive queue that had built up behind me and they directed me out of the service exit instead. I heard quite a few new and novel swear words that day and I could do without having the humiliation of this while driving in Florida.
jclutton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 17, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
disney10times
Proud to wear my Ears

You should not have a problem,if you not sure you can park outside still up near Disney quest look on google maps
disney10times is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 17, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I haven't seen anything on here about vans but on other websites it says vans are ok. Must have been embarrassing for you in the supermarket

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 17, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Clearance is 8ft 6 for the parking garages... although I don't recall seeing anything that low once I was inside. Think they still have some surface parking nr Cirque du Soleil end.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 17, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Demonwar
Very Serious Dibber

Certainly the one we used seemed to be quite big on space height wise but I was in a dodge caravan so not the ideal marker lol. I would imagine the legal culture as is in the states they wouldn't remove the height bars etc or at least give you the information before it's too late.

As pp mentions there is still quite a bit of surface parking too around the back.
Demonwar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 17, 03:49 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

There's a hanging height bar entering orange multi story but it is before a turnoff to surface parking.
So I suppose if you contact it you have still an "escape" option.
PPM is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 17, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Wee_Red
Imagineer

Wee_Red's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Least you didn't scrape the holy heck out of one whilst leaving the top floor of Universal's car park. Never been so mortified in all my life...
Wee_Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
twelvepack
Earning More Ears

Had a 15 seater when we went at Easter , had no problems with parking in Disney Springs multi-storey car parks , or anywhere else
twelvepack is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Most of the multi story are generally high enough but they all have the height restriction signs.
So check out the height of your vehicle or you may be driving a convertible mini van round for a few hours.