Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 16 May 17, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Serious Dibber

mikeclark007's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We've just got back and had 15 snack credits left and 2 QS which they gave us 6 extra snack credits for. Just got a load of sweet stuff from the gift shop the last morning.

Didn't want for anything while there for 10 nights and paid OOP for 1 meal - should have been 2...

We got a TS credit for the 3 of us by accident when I queried the remaining quantity on my account when in fact afterwards i worked out I was completely in the wrong for challenging it in the first place.

Edited at 06:13 PM.
mikeclark007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
As I mentioned above, even as an adult there's no way I could eat 1 table service meal, 1 quick service meal and 2 snacks every day for 2 weeks. Not with the size of Disney's portions.

It would be like having a regular breakfast (1 snack), an extra large McDonalds meal for lunch (1 QS), a full meal at a restaurant (1 TS), plus a large ice cream (1 snack) every day here in the UK. Don't get me wrong, that's great for a few days or every other day... but not constantly every day, at least not for me. For starters, my clothes wouldn't fit me by the end of the holiday.

This is why I never take two week (or longer) holidays, especially to the US. Disney will be our longest trip at 8 nights, normally max out after 5.

I'm not expecting to eat all the food served, but that's a different issue to the amount of credits used. Can't really find any suitable breakfast snack items though (pastries and the like are a no go) so expecting to use QS breakfast and TS dinner on most days.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Every time we've had dining plan we've received a receipt with all our credits on it at check in. You'd think they'd have at least received that.
Yes, but they wouldn't if paying cash or card, would only show if paying on a magic band.

I assume that's how/when a CS person noticed the amount left when they bought something at the time.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
Yes, but they wouldn't if paying cash or card, would only show if paying on a magic band.

I assume that's how/when a CS person noticed the amount left when they bought something at the time.
No I mean on check in we were given a slip of paper with our dining plan credit total and the CM checking us in reiterated which dining plan we had.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mikeclark007 View Post
We've just got back and had 15 snack credits left and 2 QS which they gave us 6 extra snack credits for. Just got a load of sweet stuff from the gift shop the last morning.

Didn't want for anything while there for 10 nights and paid OOP for 1 meal - should have been 2...

We got a TS credit for the 3 of us by accident when I queried the remaining quantity on my account when in fact afterwards i worked out I was completely in the wrong for challenging it in the first place.

That is interesting- is it confirmed then, on this year's plan, you can still exchange a QS credit for three snack items, not just two because of no dessert?
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Twentyyears View Post
That is interesting- is it confirmed then, on this year's plan, you can still exchange a QS credit for three snack items, not just two because of no dessert?
We exchanged QS credits for 3 snacks when we were there last month too. Didn't have a problem anywhere we tried including Starbucks, all the food booths at the Flower festival at Epcot and CBR.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
UKWDWFan
Proud to wear my Ears

I read so many tips saying for Food and Wine to hold onto snack credits for the more expensive things, so I was paying for my Starbucks out of pocket... this year I will not be making that mistake. It's great that we brought sweets and biscuits back that we can still enjoy, but I'd rather just have had my Starbucks for free and saved the money for another Christmas tree decoration!

I think the Dining Plan is amazing, and it just takes a bit of assessing to see whether it'll work for you, and the best way to use it.
1992 - Hotel Cheyenne (EuroDisney); 1997 - Dixie Landings (Port Orleans Riverside); 2007 - Ramada Plaza, Orlando; 2008 - Wyndham Orlando; 2010/2013 - Vista Cay; 2016 - Saratoga Springs; 2018 - Old Key West, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Bay Lake Towers, Boardwalk Villas; 2022 - Wyndham Grand Orlando, Polynesian Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge Kidani, Saratoga Springs, Cooper Creek, Riviera, Grand Floridian

DVC Owner - Copper Creek and Riviera Resort
UKWDWFan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Shani
Imagineer

We had a ridiculous amount of credits left last year.

There were 8 of us staying in a 2 bed at OKW for 14 nights, so the starting total was huge. The 2 days kind of missed because of hurricane Matthew didn't help (switched to last minute TS at Olivias on resort at lunch as couldn't go to O'hana because of room curfew, and Captain's Grille ADR cancelled the following day and nowhere to eat onsite (or off) without waiting 4+ hours)

We all got a lot of candy etc to take home, but if I remember correctly we had something silly like 40+ QS and snack credits left and 4 TS.
2022 - Margaritaville & RPR --- 2023 - Villa & RPR & Surfside
Shani is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Yep... we were a family of 4 and we had 1 x TS credit each left, 3 x QS credit each left and loads of snack credits.

I didn't utilise my snack credits well enough the last time but this time I will be better prepared as I know what to expect more with it being our second time on DDP.

If I had known I wouldn't use the last TS credit I would have paid for a families meal with the leftovers but this time we have factored in more signatures.

You think the credits wont be enough per person per day but the amount of food is unbelievable. Cant wait to give it a second go
Old 17 May 17, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

Yeah we're going for our 5th time on dining plan and every time we go for more signatures. We're also paying OOP for V&A as it's our honeymoon
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List