Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 May 17, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Lots of my friends are very anti Disney, and they make unpleasant remarks about it, as why would grown adults want to go there, they think it is a plastic castle and a few fairground rides, they think we are a bit sad to keep going back. if only they knew 😉
I love taking my kids to Disney we have such fun and I think they grow up really fast, there will be time for sensible holidays when they have left home, you can't get this time back enjoy and don't worry about what others think
Old 16 May 17, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Gems09
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Magic Mouse View Post
We've taken our children to Florida eight times and yes, we could have nearly paid off our mortgage with what we've spent but I don't think that would be what our children would remember in years to come!

I hope and pray that in the future, they will have the means to return to Florida with their own families but if not, we have at least given them some amazing experiences and wonderful memories.

Life is truly far too short and I am a firm believer in making the memories when you can.

Enjoy and cherish your holidays.
Your kids will strive to give those fantastic experiences to their own children no doubt about it. I was lucky enough to get taken 5 times as a child and have taken my own kids once, going in Aug and i dont intend on that being the last time either! x
Gems09 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
KellyWellyWoo
Imagineer

KellyWellyWoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 3
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Jaspercat10 View Post
Lots of my friends are very anti Disney, and they make unpleasant remarks about it, as why would grown adults want to go there, they think it is a plastic castle and a few fairground rides, they think we are a bit sad to keep going back. if only they knew 😉
I love taking my kids to Disney we have such fun and I think they grow up really fast, there will be time for sensible holidays when they have left home, you can't get this time back enjoy and don't worry about what others think
Ah this makes me laugh. I told a distant friend I was going on a Disney cruise. Her jaw pretty much literally hit the floor and she exclaimed "but you don't have children! Is there not an adult cruise you can go on?"
KellyWellyWoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
batleyboy26
Imagineer

My mother has always been like this - she told me about 10 years ago that my boys would turn out 'ruined' and I was making a rod for my own back by spoiling them so much.

The boys never got much during the year - only birthdays and Christmas and if they wanted anything in between they had to save up for it themselves.

We have 2 polite young men who I am proud to introduce to anyone who are completely 'unruined' by their numerous Florida holidays!
1991 - Buenaventura Lakes Villa;1992 - Hawaiian Econolodge; 1993 - DLP, Sequoia Lodge; 1998 - DLP - Cheyenne; 2000 - Buenaventura Lakes Villa; 2004 - Oak Plantation Resort; 2006 - Holiday Inn Sunspree; 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019 - Bahama Bay
batleyboy26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

I was lucky enough to go to Florida and California many times growing up and if anything I'm the opposite of what your brother describes (I'm 38 now).

I realise how lucky I was to go on such amazing family holidays and I now work hard and save up to pay for the same things. I also still go away with my family (I'm off with my younger sister in September) - as there has always been so much importance placed on doing fun things together. That to me is far more important than the things I do or don't own.

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
stevekath
Imagineer

We're planning our 8th visit and our DDs are 22 and 19. They are not spoiled in the least, they know we save hard and choose Florida as our "luxury". They appreciate it costs a lot and absolutely do not take it for granted.
It's your money, you choose how you spend it and tell your brother he can choose how he spends his.

stevekath is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I think he needs to keep his nose out of your business and if it had been me he said that to that's exactly what I would have said.
Old 16 May 17, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Are you absolutely sure he's not having you on and winding you up. Brothers can be quite good at that !
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

Sooooo... You shouldn't go more than once; you shouldn't take very young children; you shouldn't go without children; you shouldn't go on your own etc.etc.!

Do you think these people are closet Disney fans trying to lessen crowds and queuing times?

I definitely think all these (mostly uninformed) "rules" we try to impose on each other end up dragging everyone down.

People need to relax and I know just where they can go to do it...

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside

Edited at 08:33 PM.
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 17, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Steve.S
Imagineer

Steve.S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Hi, we have had few comments about us going a few times with the kids,next year will be our 6th and prob last as kids are getting ready to flee the nest,its our fave holiday and we just love it,we dont have a holiday for a year to save for it,so we work hard and save,kids do the same,enjoy your holidays,time is precious,make the most.
Steve.S is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List