Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 18 May 17, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Best Quick Service in Universal

I am busy planning for our trip at the end of June to Universal and New York. Had lots of advice and tips on here for the best places to eat on I-Drive, and good value meals in New York, thanks everyone .

I just realised we haven't actually researched where to eat inside Universal itself

We know we want to eat at Leaky Cauldron (or is the 3 Broomsticks better?) as we want a HP meal. Where else does everyone suggest for good value, tasty food, with a bit of theming thrown in preferably? We pretty much eat everything, although we aren't too crazy on hot dogs.

Also, snacks we have to try? We want a Lard Lad doughnut and a frozen butterbeer (although we didn't like the ordinary butterbeer in London's HP Studio Tour). Any other "must-try" snacks?
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 17, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Any ideas? I have been looking online and quite fancy Comic Strip cafe. Hadn't realised there was so much choice. Panda Express looks really good too
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 17, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
neatfrk
Imagineer

Best quick service isn't in the parks. Leave Universal and walk over to Citywalk (it is super close) and go to Red Oven Pizza Bakery. For less $$ than in the parks you can split some really nice pizzas. Then walk them off going back into the park.
neatfrk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 17, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by neatfrk View Post
Best quick service isn't in the parks. Leave Universal and walk over to Citywalk (it is super close) and go to Red Oven Pizza Bakery. For less $$ than in the parks you can split some really nice pizzas. Then walk them off going back into the park.
Thanks, will check this out. I hear good things about Panda Express on Citywalk too so want to try food from there too
Old 18 May 17, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
neatfrk
Imagineer

Truthfully, with the exception of Mythos (not a QS), I found almost all of the food inside the parks at Universal\IOA pretty crummy. The better food is definitely at CityWalk.
neatfrk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 17, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Finnegans was so nice last time we ate there twice
Floridaagogo is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 17, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridaagogo View Post
Finnegans was so nice last time we ate there twice
Ooh thanks. I haven't heard of Finnigans. I will look it up now.
Old 19 May 17, 03:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

For a quick eat, we don't mind the Burger Digs, in Jurassic area. The burger combo comes with fries and a milkshake, but if you don't want the milkshake ask them to remove it and it takes about $3 off the price. The burger comes plain and you add your own salad, pickles, Mayo etc.

Today the parks were rammed with end of term school kids in groups so we left the park and headed to the Hard Rock Cafe, not the cheapest place to eat but it was nice and cool and quiet in there (during the day, it's very busy and loud in the evening) The chicken and bacon club sandwich is good, I can only manage half at a time and have the rest boxed up, comes with fries and is $13.50 plus tax.

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 17, 05:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Three Broomsticks and Leaky Cauldron nice for theming but food is meh.

Not had a chance to do all the new places at Citywalk but Cowfish sounds great.

We have mostly done TS. Mythos was lovely, so was Lombards where we did the cinematic spectacular dining package. Lovely way to finish the evening, sitting on the decking watching the show.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 17, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post

I wanted to love the Three Broomsticks but didnt

My favourite place in Universal is probably Richter Burgers.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List