Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 19 May 17, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh yes, the grading structure will be interesting.
Chemistry and maths are dds main concern. Luckily half the exam was things they covered in booster lessons.
My nephews step daughter basically gave up.
Not as concerned about the English ones.
Have to say, you tube is a big help, dd subscribes to lots of maths experts.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 17, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

My DS has been doing OK he thinks and hope he's right, but time will tell. He has some anxiety which linked with a 16 year old's disorganisation is definitely an interesting combination.

We had a last minute issue where he thought he was doing higher in sciences (or some of them), but was actually doing foundation in them all. Thankfully one of the staff at the school put 2 and 2 together and we had a meeting to resolve at minus 1 day.

Stressful for him and us, but at least he realised before he was in the exam and turning over the paper.

Generally a good week. Looking forward to the end of June.

Was it like this in my day? Thankfully I'm too old to remember.

Hope all households have a relaxed and productive weekend.
Old 19 May 17, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

Mobile

First day of exams today (Spanish listening and reading). Reading apparently "went well" but the listening was slightly harder. English Literature and Geography revision this weekend.
salmon70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 17, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

bit of a mix here dd had 4 exams this week and 2 of her papers had stuff they hadn't even covered on so knows she hasn't done as well as she hoped she would but overall she feels ok with how things went. General consensus among friends was chemistry was def harder than biology. She is having the evening off to relax but is meant to go in over the weekend for revision sessions.
Maths, 2x english lit, physics & geography next week which shes much more stressed about so going to be a long week.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 17, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
bluedave
Imagineer

My son has had biology and chemistry and though both papers were fairly easy - but of course there are three exams for each science so I'm sure the others will be harder.

He's work hard and knows his stuff so hopefully will be rewarded with great results. Fingers crossed!
bluedave is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 17, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

My daughter has just finished her second week of exams as she had 2 Welsh exams last week which were 'ok'.

She did quite a few exams early so she has already sat and got A or A* in Maths, Chemistry and Physics. She has also completed her Art, most of her Drama and some parts of her English and History exams but will not get the results until the summer.

This week she sat higher tier additional Biology which she said was more difficult than she expected (so did all the other students apparently) and her written Drama exam which seemed to go very well.
English lit is her only exam next week. So lots of revision for that this weekend.
Good luck everyone ☺
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 17, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

I don't have anyone in the house actually taking exams, but I am an invigilator and I have to say I was surprised that there were a lot of colds by Wednesday of this week...this is early usually they don't get colds until week 2. So there is obviously quite a bit of stress but I have to say most of them that I have talked to have said the exams have been OK... we shall see 😀
pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 17, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Week one over - DD has had RE, ICT and Spanish Listening and Reading.

She's more nervous than I thought she would be. She's already got a 'C' in Spanish as her course work was 'A*' so that did take the pressure off a little.

She's also had 'A*' in her ICT coursework which equates to 60% of the grade but her teacher told her that due to the UMS marks, she was only going into the exam with an 'E' so that really freaked her out! I really don't understand how that works as the Spanish breakdown was exactly the same - 60% coursework and 40% exam!

Anyway onwards and upwards, just English Lit next week and school is open for revision tomorrow.

Good luck to you all
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 17, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
sharlu
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Only RE and ICT here for DD this week (science taken in yr 10). Stressing over English next week - level 6 needed to stay on for A levels. Don't know whose more worried her or me 😕

sharlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 17, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pretty71 View Post
I don't have anyone in the house actually taking exams, but I am an invigilator and I have to say I was surprised that there were a lot of colds by Wednesday of this week...this is early usually they don't get colds until week 2. So there is obviously quite a bit of stress but I have to say most of them that I have talked to have said the exams have been OK... we shall see 😀
my daughter, who has been cool as a cucumber about her GCSE's, woke up yesterday morning (day before 1st GCSE exam today), promptly threw up, and then collapsed in a clammy sweaty heap on the bathroom floor. Luckily, after sleeping for most of the morning with a hot water bottle, she felt better, and she's fine now, but that was scary and I put it down to stress (and a bit of mass hysteria as her friends have been vocally stressing out to anyone and everyone for weeks). For her, and a lot of other kids her age, this is the first time they've really been put under pressure, for their futures.

Spanish only this week, this is DD's favourite subject and the one she expects to do best in out of all the exams she's taking, so she was fine about this one. Next week (English, Maths, Physics) will be a whole different ball game! I've got the Bachs rescue remedy all ready.
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread