Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 May 17, 05:39 AM  
Link to this Post
KellyWellyWoo
Imagineer

KellyWellyWoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 3
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by janny View Post
Am i losing the plot or what? Actually went back to check the date on this post because i swear ive read this exact one before
No you're not! I purposely didn't read this as I thought it was an older post about animation and studying through an American school OP had to fund. I still haven't read the OP as I assumed this until I read your comment!
KellyWellyWoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
MK_club1987
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by KellyWellyWoo View Post
No you're not! I purposely didn't read this as I thought it was an older post about animation and studying through an American school OP had to fund. I still haven't read the OP as I assumed this until I read your comment!
I have made a few threads about it in the past, one about the tutor I had, one about a potential job offer and one about me failing the final term, so maybe your thinking of one of those
MK_club1987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
lettie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by janny View Post
Am i losing the plot or what? Actually went back to check the date on this post because i swear ive read this exact one before
Snap! I thought the same.
Old 21 May 17, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Alllovedisney
slightly serious Dibber

From what you have said, there doesn't appear to be any reason why not to do it. It's certainly important for your mental health and the health of your family for you to at least try again, giving yourself the proper shot you have mentioned (full time, no other distractions. In respect of that, I understand why you may not want anything even part time whilst in your final module. However, will it be feasible for your Wife to find anything either? After all, you will then be looking after your DS; trying to work/study from home with a toddler doesn't usually work out well!).
However, I think you also need to be clear and true to yourself and your Wife about what happens if you don't pass. Not with regards to going back to what you did before, but with regards to putting the dream to one side. Chalking it under "It would have been great, I gave it a couple of shots, but it's not to be". You really don't want to keep going back to it as that in itself could cause an issue between you and your (for now) understanding Wife.
Do it, do it properly and enjoy this second chance.
DLP (offsite) Sep 1998 WDW (offsite) Nov 2002 DLP (DCR) Jan 2005 DLP (DCR) Nov 2009 DLP (SF) Oct 2010 DLP (DLH) Feb 2013 St Petes & WDW (SSR) Sep/Aug 2016 DLP (DCR) Sep 2017 DLP (offsite Explorers) Dec 2017 DLP (DCR) May 2018 DLP (DCR) Sep 2018 DLP (HC for Disney Performing Arts) July 2019.
Alllovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
MK_club1987
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Alllovedisney View Post
From what you have said, there doesn't appear to be any reason why not to do it. It's certainly important for your mental health and the health of your family for you to at least try again, giving yourself the proper shot you have mentioned (full time, no other distractions. In respect of that, I understand why you may not want anything even part time whilst in your final module. However, will it be feasible for your Wife to find anything either? After all, you will then be looking after your DS; trying to work/study from home with a toddler doesn't usually work out well!).
However, I think you also need to be clear and true to yourself and your Wife about what happens if you don't pass. Not with regards to going back to what you did before, but with regards to putting the dream to one side. Chalking it under "It would have been great, I gave it a couple of shots, but it's not to be". You really don't want to keep going back to it as that in itself could cause an issue between you and your (for now) understanding Wife.
Do it, do it properly and enjoy this second chance.
Oh totally, I feel this is my final shot, the first 18 months I did absolutely brilliant, really good grades, but I was warned that the final 6 months the work would really ramp up, and boy did it, and although I was sort of happy with my final piece of work, I totally get why I didn't pass, and I am not trying to pass blame but I generally feel it was due to lack of time to dedicate to it.

If I didn't pass this time, as you say I would just need to chalk it off, but at least I can say I gave it my everything all the way through.

That's sound advice you have given there, thank you.
MK_club1987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Alllovedisney
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by MK_club1987 View Post
Oh totally, I feel this is my final shot, the first 18 months I did absolutely brilliant, really good grades, but I was warned that the final 6 months the work would really ramp up, and boy did it, and although I was sort of happy with my final piece of work, I totally get why I didn't pass, and I am not trying to pass blame but I generally feel it was due to lack of time to dedicate to it.

If I didn't pass this time, as you say I would just need to chalk it off, but at least I can say I gave it my everything all the way through.

That's sound advice you have given there, thank you.
You sound like you've thought it all through and it's great you know what to expect from the last part of the studies and how and what you need to do to better your last piece.

Now get off the Dibb, and get yourself a part time job for three months to save even more and embrace this second chance! Ha ha!
DLP (offsite) Sep 1998 WDW (offsite) Nov 2002 DLP (DCR) Jan 2005 DLP (DCR) Nov 2009 DLP (SF) Oct 2010 DLP (DLH) Feb 2013 St Petes & WDW (SSR) Sep/Aug 2016 DLP (DCR) Sep 2017 DLP (offsite Explorers) Dec 2017 DLP (DCR) May 2018 DLP (DCR) Sep 2018 DLP (HC for Disney Performing Arts) July 2019.
Alllovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
MK_club1987
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Alllovedisney View Post
You sound like you've thought it all through and it's great you know what to expect from the last part of the studies and how and what you need to do to better your last piece.

Now get off the Dibb, and get yourself a part time job for three months to save even more and embrace this second chance! Ha ha!
I have got a little bit more money coming for a bit of evening work from home at the moment, well it's not really work but it's giving me a bit of extra money to save! The more I can save the better!
Old 22 May 17, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
My concern is that in your prior threads you have never come across as being at all good with money. I know you are in debt, and can't get a mortgage, but not paying off credit card debt when you have savings is crackers.
Do you really feel comfortable budgeting your family spending costs over this period, not an easy thing to do and get spot on, and I'm an accountant..
Old 22 May 17, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
MK_club1987
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
My concern is that in your prior threads you have never come across as being at all good with money. I know you are in debt, and can't get a mortgage, but not paying off credit card debt when you have savings is crackers.
Do you really feel comfortable budgeting your family spending costs over this period, not an easy thing to do and get spot on, and I'm an accountant..
I take it you've not read through this thread? I've previously stated that the credit cards are going to be paid off, in fact that's going to happen this week just waiting for savings to be released (they are tied up at the moment) and again the reason why we did not use savings before was because initially we were going to use that for a house.

Also no offence but I've never said I was terrible with money, I don't know how you 'know' in in debt when I've never said I'm in debt, I have outstanding balances on a few credit cards and I admit I don't pay them off in full, I also don't just pay minimum payment either, there werr a few late payments last year but that's about it, the reason we can't get a mortgage isn't because of my credit file it's because only I work and my wages are pretty poor, so we can't get a high enough mortgage to get anything other than an apartment which we don't want with a child.

No offence but your being very judgmental with your comments when you don't know me personally. Once again a very few people have taken this thread off topic and bought my apparent bad finances into it.

Thank you everyone else who has given constructive advice.

Edited at 04:21 PM.
Old 22 May 17, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Im very much in the way of thinking you will regret it if you dont give it a final chance. I am sure you can make the finances work the best for you, only you know the true picture. It sounds like you have support of your family, and it would be a waste of all previously invested time and money if you dont. You know what is expected fron the course, give it your best shot, you will make it work i am sure. X