Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 May 17, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
rasmus
Imagineer

rasmus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Something crafty, so maybe something like stained glass or glass blowing, I also love paper craft and would love to be able to make beautiful paper flower bouquets.
January 2019-Cabana bay/Homewood suites
rasmus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 17, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
I'd love to be able to cook really well or play the piano. We have a piano as the kids intended learning but it has just become an ornament. Maybe I should think about it
Colette, we have a keyboard that I bought years ago as my new hobby. Needless to say it's spent most of the time getting dusty.

Have had it out a few weeks ago and was trying for a few days to play off of sheet music. I read music very slowly. My enthusiasm has now waned again, although my youngest DS has been playing on it recently.

I'm a bit of a failed hobbyist. All the gear and no idea.
Golf clubs, a few lessons, haven't played in years. Guitar, learnt to play chords and a bit more years ago, but haven't used guitar for probably a couple of years plus.
DSLR camera. Bought mags and books and tried to learn, but nowadays rarely use it and when I do it's on auto setting.
Currently studying history A level as I enjoy history and wanted a challenge to keep the brain ticking over. Hopefully this will be fruitful, although I have slowed right down from the initial racing start.

Bit of a theme re my hobbies as you can see.

Edited at 01:45 PM.
tocpe321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 17, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Love to learn how to fly a plane ✈️
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 17, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
leenkerri
Imagineer

Mobile

To be able to mind read, as that's what I'm expected to be able to do by a certain person!

Lee: QIP 1990; Fantasy world villas 1992; QIP 1996
Lee & Kerri: QIP 2008; QIP/AKL 2009; POR 2010; QIP/SSR 2011
leenkerri is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 17, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

I'd like to learn sign language.
OKW again 2015 and Anna Maria
2017 Contemporary Resort & Anna Maria
ALWAYS AUGUST!

August 2022 my 50th! - Universal Hardrock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk villas, Polynesian, Anna Maria Island.

Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 17, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post
Colette, we have a keyboard that I bought years ago as my new hobby. Needless to say it's spent most of the time getting dusty.

Have had it out a few weeks ago and was trying for a few days to play off of sheet music. I read music very slowly. My enthusiasm has now waned again, although my youngest DS has been playing on it recently.

I'm a bit of a failed hobbyist. All the gear and no idea.
Golf clubs, a few lessons, haven't played in years. Guitar, learnt to play chords and a bit more years ago, but haven't used guitar for probably a couple of years plus.
DSLR camera. Bought mags and books and tried to learn, but nowadays rarely use it and when I do it's on auto setting.
Currently studying history A level as I enjoy history and wanted a challenge to keep the brain ticking over. Hopefully this will be fruitful, although I have slowed right down from the initial racing start.

Bit of a theme re my hobbies as you can see.
I share your pain tc, the phrase "all the gear, no ides" is regularly said to me. I get an idea, throw myself into it and then lose interest once I have all the kit
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 17, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
I share your pain tc, the phrase "all the gear, no ides" is regularly said to me. I get an idea, throw myself into it and then lose interest once I have all the kit

I haven't even made you toast recently.

Old 20 May 17, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerMom
Apprentice Imagineer

I am in the process of learning to speak German. DH is bilingual and when we go to Austria he can chatter away with the locals.
TigerMom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 17, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Buzz987
Excited about Disney

Mobile

For practical use plumber or plasterer. Mind you wife would work me too hard.
2015 - Sunset lakes villa
Buzz987 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 17, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Gev
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Moleymole View Post
I'd like to learn sign language.
Now that would be a great skill! I wonder if learning to lip-read might come in handy some time 😉.