Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Closed Thread

Old 26 Sep 16, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post

Here now. Help with persistent cough.

As the title says. Haven't been feeling welland now have awful cough that is keeping me awake half the night. Can anyone suggest anything I can buy over here that may help. Have got some generic cough stuff which is doing absolutely nothing.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 16, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
fantasy
VIP Dibber

Hi
If you buy delsym you will be sorted.I bought 2 extra and they are in use at home when needed. You can buy it in Walmart,Target and posssibly Walgreens. It's great stuff
Old 26 Sep 16, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Or have a word with the pharmacist in Walmart, SuperTarget, Walgreens, CVS etc to see what they recommend.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 16, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post

Or hang a wet towel in your room at night to help with the drying effect of the air conditioning.
Old 26 Sep 16, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Chummy Bunny
Excited about Disney

Chummy Bunny's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We use the night and day cold pills, the night ones do help you get a good neighs rest.
Chummy Bunny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 16, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
fl-veteran
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
Or have a word with the pharmacist in Walmart, SuperTarget, Walgreens, CVS etc to see what they recommend.
This.

I feel your pain ! I started with a horrible cough yesterday .

However, sometimes coughing serves a function - if it's a productive cough it shouldn't be suppressed as it's what is stopping your lungs from getting full of mucus and you possibly getting a nasty chest infection so it's worth getting a pharmacist to advise on what's best - you're at the the pharmacy anyway to buy the stuff so why not .

I would also say be very careful with decongestants such as phenylephrine and pseudoephedrine. The nasal drip they sometimes cause can make your cough worse, especially at night and they also act as a stimulant making it difficult to sleep. They certainly have this effect on me and they're in lots of cold medicines (Lemsip and the like).

You could try a night time remedy as these usually have a drowsy antihistamine in instead of a decongestant.

Unfortunately, air con can make coughs worse as they make the air very dry. Some people suggest a bowl of water in the room but no idea if this helps.
fl-veteran is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 16, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
fiona3103
Imagineer

fiona3103's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We both started with it on day 3 of our holiday. Home last Sunday and still suffering. Both of us have picked up a chest infection. Yucky and still not getting much sleep. There seemed to be a lot of it around and I'm sure the ac didn't help! Mind you I reckon we'll need the heating soon.
fiona3103 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 16, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
den-kjr
Excited about Disney

Mobile

My mum had this really bad at night and in the car - pharmacy said it's the air conditioning can't remember what they gave her but it helped loads was like little antiseptic throat sweets
den-kjr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Sep 16, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks everyone. Will be trying your suggestions. Have actually turned the air con off as I was freezing.
Old 1 Oct 16, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

I came down with it on day three had a stomach bug first then stinking cold and then a cough which I still have, strange how there's a lot of it going about, first time I've been sick in 25 visits and I'm an avid clean freak

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread