Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Closed Thread

Old 27 Sep 16, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
kikimouse
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile 2016 Shopping trip report

Hi, thought I share some of buys we managed to grab during our last visit. We didn't go that crazy as our last trip. Last time we spent loads and I went especially crazy buying kids' clothes and souvenirs for everyone. Having Revolut updates on our spending via app and seeing th spending kitty went down is pretty sobering to curtail that; especially the buying souvenirs for everyone.

We were there during Labor Day weekend and whilst there were offers, it was mainly Buy one, get one half price with the exception of Coach and Kate Spade which had a good 50-60% discount. We hit the premium outlets pretty hard - the ones at Orlando and the outlet in Ellenton on our way to Clearwater. Found Ellenton less manic with more offers although lordy, it was so hot.

Now before you think I am crazy to buy so many bags, these were requests from friends in UK. Now, on to the bags!

Coach Orange tote on clearance rack 40% off and additional 50% works out to $69

Larger brown tote $199 less 50% so around $100

Large wristlets $45 after 50%
Small wristlets $23 after discount
The smaller wristlets were $18 at Ellenton
Coach men's wallet was $59 after discount
kikimouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 16, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
kikimouse
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Blue Coach tote $90 after discount.

Suede Michael Kors slouchy bag with tassles. $125 on clearance rack with further 25% discount

Crocs shoes buy one get one free so I paid $26 for the two

Ecco mary jane shoes $39.99 + tax. Really loved the last pair of Ecco shoes I bought. Still going strong four years later and it's so much cheaper in US

We went to the Nike clearance store off 192 and husband bought these relly comfy Nike free trainers for about $50. We were in the carpark when a nice lad came over and gave us a voucher $25 off $50 spend he was not going to use since he's going home the next day. So I bought these...

... for $25
kikimouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 16, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Love the Suede bag and the Ecco Mary Janes!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 16, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Great buys and the Ecco shoes look super comfy
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 16, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Cutiemcpretty
slightly serious Dibber

Fab buys and some good bargains. We go around veteran day sales and hoping for some discounts. Do you recommend Ellenton first or the ones in Orlando?
Old 27 Sep 16, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
kikimouse
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

If you're heading around Ellenton, I would suggest going there first. Better bargains, methinks. The shops like Quiksilver, Bass Outlet and GAP had racks of stuff outside which are heavily discounted to pull people in. It was not as busy as the other two outlets in Orlando although I appreciate is a 1.5 hour drive each way.
Old 28 Sep 16, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
florakid
Trying for More Ears

florakid's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

My Dd's want to go to Ellenton for the Hot Topic outlet shop. does anyone if it is better or bigger than the mall hot topics?
florakid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 16, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Peachy pot
Proud to wear my Ears

Love the Michael Kors slouchy bag, lovely colour . Some great bargains, well done!
Old 29 Sep 16, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Blimey what a lovely selection of top quality stuff and great prices. Out of interest have you priced up what you would have to pay in the UK for the same things ?

I'm looking forward to my shopping days now !
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 16, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
kikimouse
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by florakid View Post
My Dd's want to go to Ellenton for the Hot Topic outlet shop. does anyone if it is better or bigger than the mall hot topics?
Oh. I didn't check out the Hot Topic outlet; so sorry. We went to the one at Florida Mall which was not very big but packed to the rafters with good stuff. We went away with a plush Pokémon character Evee for around $20 and they had bargains for tshirts.
Closed Thread