Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Aug 15, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
ayles300
Imagineer

Anyone still waiting to book for May 2016?

Hoping I haven't left it too late in booking flights for May!
I have been a few times before in May and booked mostly in Sept but am now worrying they may not come down any lower due to schools issuing more fines as our dates are the last two weeks so includes half term!
Fingers crossed they drop the beginning of Sept
* Int Drive Nov 91* Paris Aug 92* Disney Paris Santa Fe Jan 08* Clear Creek Circle May 09* Cumbrian Lakes May 11* Veranda Palms Sept 12* Indian Point & Daytona 500 Feb 13* Indian Point May 14 3 weeks!* IndianRidge Oaks April 15* Lake Berkley 40th May 16* Bahamas Cruise & Cumbrian Lakes Aug 17* Eagle point & Road trip April 19*
ayles300 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 15, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
beautybutterfly
Imagineer

beautybutterfly's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by ayles300 View Post
Hoping I haven't left it too late in booking flights for May!
I have been a few times before in May and booked mostly in Sept but am now worrying they may not come down any lower due to schools issuing more fines as our dates are the last two weeks so includes half term!
Fingers crossed they drop the beginning of Sept
I booked ours last week £605 including baggage, decided they weren't going to come down much and with there being more of us I didn't want to risk last min, we're doing similar to you, taking them out for 4 days rather than a full week to try and avoid fines... I will be raging if they still fine us because in that case we could have had 2 full weeks

Edit: just looked for the dates we're going (24th may-3rd June) and the 24th may seems to be sold out from Manchester, it's not coming up any more

Edited at 04:24 PM.
beautybutterfly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 15, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
holidaygirl1973
Excited about Disney

Well when they were first released with viegin they were £1500 return for two adults two children... they will never be that price again! I would book sooner rather than later. We have just booked PE for a little over what I budgeted for economy.
holidaygirl1973 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 15, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Yes i'm still waiting, trying to scrape together the cash to book, I've watched them slowly go up and back down now they seem to have gone up and are not coming back down so i should think for now the only way they are going to go is up. I really shouldn't tourtue myself and keep looking at prices until i have the cash to book
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 15, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Heather1957
Imagineer

I still think they'll come down, maybe not for school holidays but earlier in May.
Old 12 Aug 15, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
When I looked a couple of days ago there were some great prices for half term and week after £430 ish direct from Manchester with Virgin.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 15, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Booked a few weeks ago Virgin direct plus 1 night at Hyatt Orlando £415 each ! Adults that is
Old 12 Aug 15, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandofan
Imagineer

I'm still waiting as well. I booked 1st August last year for May this year so was waiting for August to book for next May but the prices have went up instead of down.
Old 12 Aug 15, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Booked the end of last week going out on 27th May paid £2160.00 for 2 adults, 3 children plus infant. I was happy with what we paid our half term starts that day.
Old 12 Aug 15, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by beautybutterfly View Post
I booked ours last week £605 including baggage, decided they weren't going to come down much and with there being more of us I didn't want to risk last min, we're doing similar to you, taking them out for 4 days rather than a full week to try and avoid fines... I will be raging if they still fine us because in that case we could have had 2 full weeks
Based on what the times and telegraph said today you will get fined. Government cracking down even on a single day unless due to illness.

Record number fined last year. They are seeking the full fine now which is 60 per child per parent so if you have three kids and a partner prepare yourself for a 360 quid fine.

As a taxpayer paying for your kids to be educated I have to say I don't have a lot of sympathy
Closed Thread