Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Sep 18, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
Awesome.

Have a great time. SeaWorld is especially nice at Xmas.
Thankyou so much! I was surprised at how much they seem to get into the festive spirit there, I had no idea but looks lovely!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 18, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
ukman
slightly serious Dibber

OK, let me put my two pence in - many have mention how busy it is and that gets a little frustrating. We have been going to the US for the past 10+ years, due to partners job of being a teacher can only go in the breaks. Our favorite time to go is Xmas, and we try to squeeze in during the august holiday and we find Xmas no differently to the summer.

We have stayed in villas since our second trip to Orlando and have never had anything which would make us change our mind due to traffic,traffic can happen at any time.

Like i have mentioned on other threads, the day I start going to Orlando for quieter crowds and especially at our time of traveling will be a start for worries of asking if the Big mouse is loosing its charm.

For me the excitement starts, with a packed out flight, the crowds, the smell, the weather is what makes it a holiday, if you want to avoid crowds skegness is a better choice.

Apologies in my two pence.
ukman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 18, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
slobby80
Having Dinner with Goofy

Thanks so much for this post! We go for Xmas this year, 5th time to Orlando but 1st time over Christmas. All the posts about horrendous crowds have left me a bit terrified! Like you we are very limited with when we go as I work in a school and my husband HATES really hot weather. Your two pence has cheered me right up!
slobby80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 18, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

As a teacher we are also restricted. It’s nice to hear all the points of view. I’m trying to manage my expectations compared to all we do in our July trips but it’s great to hear from people who have done Christmas there time and time again.
It’s a bit like when people ask about July ( albeit I’m learning Christmas crowds are not comparable) and people say they would never do it. Yet we do it most years and it’s great for us.
Old 7 Oct 18, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Mumtotwo
slightly serious Dibber

Another teacher here and we are off over the Christmas period as well. Very excited as my mum is coming with us as well, it will be her first time to Florida. We know it will be crowded but with mum with us we are going to take it slowly and just enjoy seeing the Mouse and all the Christmas decorations. We will get some fastpasses as early as we can in the day and just do some bits and pieces later, chill at the villa, eat our a bit. We have some ADRs booked and the dessert party at MK. I can't wait ... just got to get through to half term and then another half and we will be on our way!
Mumtotwo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 18, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by ukman View Post
OK, let me put my two pence in - many have mention how busy it is and that gets a little frustrating. We have been going to the US for the past 10+ years, due to partners job of being a teacher can only go in the breaks. Our favorite time to go is Xmas, and we try to squeeze in during the august holiday and we find Xmas no differently to the summer.

We have stayed in villas since our second trip to Orlando and have never had anything which would make us change our mind due to traffic,traffic can happen at any time.

Like i have mentioned on other threads, the day I start going to Orlando for quieter crowds and especially at our time of traveling will be a start for worries of asking if the Big mouse is loosing its charm.

For me the excitement starts, with a packed out flight, the crowds, the smell, the weather is what makes it a holiday, if you want to avoid crowds skegness is a better choice.

Apologies in my two pence.
I appreciate all opinions and experiences so Thankyou for your reply I would much prefer to be in a packed out Main Street than a packed Asda checkout queue in Cheshire any day of the week I’m willing to embrace it all however it comes, it’s a lifelong dream of mine to visit Orlando, and especially at Christmas time, so I’m really not offput but the whole busiest period thing, I may regret saying that if I’m in an hour long queue for the bathroom mind!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 18, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
ukman
slightly serious Dibber

Can't wait for flights to be released. Need some advice. We are taking my daughters good friend,she is 22 and never been to Florida. We have always stayed in villas and always go to Discovery cove on Xmas day and have a proper Xmas meal at the villa.

For Xmas 2019, still want to go Discovery cove but can anyone recommend a restaurant or a place where we can have a nice meal on Xmas day but also view fireworks from any of the parks?

Thanks
ukman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 18, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Originally Posted by TheBfamily View Post
I appreciate all opinions and experiences so Thankyou for your reply I would much prefer to be in a packed out Main Street than a packed Asda checkout queue in Cheshire any day of the week I’m willing to embrace it all however it comes, it’s a lifelong dream of mine to visit Orlando, and especially at Christmas time, so I’m really not offput but the whole busiest period thing, I may regret saying that if I’m in an hour long queue for the bathroom mind!
We are here now and never seen an hour long line for the bathroom anywhere 😀! Starbucks however is a different matter😂
Old 31 Dec 18, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
lotti
Imagineer

We are just starting to look for Christmas 2019 and are struggling to find flights, please could you send me a pm re the US travel agent please
Old 31 Dec 18, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by lotti View Post
We are just starting to look for Christmas 2019 and are struggling to find flights, please could you send me a pm re the US travel agent please
Your return date needs to be at 330 days, you won't see all the Xmas flights until January.
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List