Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 27 Apr 19, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
lovestoplan
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile Ocean Florida- releasing flight reference

We are flying indirectly via ATL on the 29th July from Man at 1105. We've been booked for about 18 months but OF won't release our flight reference until 12 weeks before. We have known this but the closer we get to the 12 weeks the more anxious my sister is getting about us not being able to sit together. I've tried on the Virgin website making a dummy booking and either you can't see true seat availability until booked or the plane is already virtually full! I assume Virgin won't have our details yet as OF have not ticketed our booking. Has anyone any suggestions as to either getting around OF or being able to check seat availability?
lovestoplan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 19, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
baboons
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Is it that they won't ticket until you've paid in full? If so, can you pay early?
baboons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 19, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
lovestoplan
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by baboons View Post
Is it that they won't ticket until you've paid in full? If so, can you pay early?
We paid up early a few weeks ago thinking they would then release it but no, still saying no!
lovestoplan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 19, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
steviet78
Excited about Disney

steviet78's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
When we booked with OF they gave us the reference when we booked (about 10 months out) and I only paid a deposit, seems strange that they wont release it to you.
steviet78 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 19, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

or it could be that they have not booked your flights yet and they are waiting for them to hit a cheaper price to make more profit on the booking and making an element of interest on your money before paying out to a 3rd party.
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 19, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
KCMUMMY
Excited about Disney

I have booked with them 3 times now, and at 12 weeks out they have always provided the flight booking reference. We always travel in August and never pay for seats, just book them for free 24 hours out (VA) and have always managed to get seats together. Im sure it will be fine ☺
Old 27 Apr 19, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

We booked with OF last year doing the same route as you, and were also told when we booked that the flight reference wouldn't be released until 12 weeks before. Essentially I was that panicked about us not all getting sat together ( 2 adults 3 kids- though 12 year old classed as adult) I basically kept pestering them until they just booked the seats together for us. Proves it can be done so just be persistent! I had also asked not long after booking if there were any alternative direct flights home as I was nervous about the 1hour 30 min layover. There wasn't at the time, but about 12 weeks before travel they e-mailed to see if we wanted to switch from united flights via JFK to VA via ATL on way there and VA direct home. They had apparently kept my request for direct flights on home and offered the change once available. To be fair I found they always answered all my queries ( there were a lot!) in timely fashion and were very helpful.
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 19, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Jillzo
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I'm following this thread with interest as I have booked with OF for next year, and was hoping I'd be able to pay extra to book my seats in advance. I like being organised! Plus we are going with friends and their 3 kids, so would obviously prefer to sit altogether!
Jillzo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 19, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Hi
We travelled with OF in 2017 and I’m pretty sure we didn’t get our flight reference until 12 weeks before. We were impressed with their dealings with us in general and have booked again with them for next year - so far they have been amazing sorting a few things out for us but I’m still awaiting my confirmation, which I’m mithering about, so I do understand why you just want the reference so you can see it in black and white
Old 27 Apr 19, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Mjordan
Very Serious Dibber

Unfortunately this is the only downside with booking with OF.

We booked in 2015 and 2017 with them, in 2015 we couldn't have it till fully paid so we paid early, but in 2017 we couldn't get it till 12 weeks before, which really annoyed me as I wanted to book seats in the bubble and couldn't. Which is why I don't use them anymore (nothing wrong with their service, it just me wanting to book my seats)

You will definitely receive the reference 12 weeks in advance, so don't worry, and im sure there will be seats available to book together.

I go in 3 weeks, and there are still plenty of seats available bit assigned to anyone yet, so im sure people are waiting till check in to do it
Mjordan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List