Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 29 Apr 19, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
steviet78
Excited about Disney

steviet78's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I understand your husbands stance I really dont like the idea of someone else having access to my car while I am not there.

If you want to lock in a price now then I would recommend booking a Jetparks but pay for cancellation protection (it is £1 extra). Then keep checking daily and I have always found that a better alternative has come up in the meantime. I have been doing this for our last four Orlando trips since 2016 and I have always been able to get to book either the long stay or multistory just makesure your booking includes the cancellation protection otherwise you will be charged £7.50.
steviet78 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 19, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
steviet78
Excited about Disney

steviet78's Reviews
PS, I'm not sure if the cancellation protection is available with 3rd party website such as Holiday Extras or if they have their own policies but if you book direct it is only £1

Also sign up to there email as they offer discount codes on every email normally.
steviet78 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 19, 06:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Charl_bb
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I understand where your husband is coming from but I would advice doing the official Manchester Airport meet and greet, much safer than Jet Parks in my opinion, no waiting for the bus to get you back to your car once you've landed (all my memories of that journey are bad!) and it's the official one so they're not going razzing off round Manchester in your car.
Charl_bb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 19, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Price up the official multi storey, used it last week and was very good and you keep your keys.

Try this link

looking4/uk/offer?co...m_medium=email

Edited at 02:02 PM.
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 19, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
epickles
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

My husband is the same - refuses to leave the keys, despite me being adamant that the keys were safer being left that being dragged to the other end of the world.
I'm not sure if there are varying Jetparks, but ours was fine. I do hate waiting for the bus back to the car park on the return leg though, which is why out of choice we opt for the multi storey.
Depending on the ages of your children OP, I would personally just book the one room and stick one of them in the middle between you in the bed. The cost of a second room would pay for a meal in Florida - that's my way of thinking anyway
epickles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 19, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Toria_dee
Imagineer

Originally Posted by epickles View Post
My husband is the same - refuses to leave the keys, despite me being adamant that the keys were safer being left that being dragged to the other end of the world.
I'm not sure if there are varying Jetparks, but ours was fine. I do hate waiting for the bus back to the car park on the return leg though, which is why out of choice we opt for the multi storey.
Depending on the ages of your children OP, I would personally just book the one room and stick one of them in the middle between you in the bed. The cost of a second room would pay for a meal in Florida - that's my way of thinking anyway
My kids will be 14, 11 and 8. I’d happily share the king size with 8 & 11 year old and H and 14 year old can sleep in the singles, but the issue is the hotel (Premier Inn) will only allow 2 adults and 2 children in a room. I worry that if I book the one room they’ll charge us for a second room at check in!

As for the car parking, he seems to have came round to the leaving the keys. APH Park & Ride have quotes us £82 for three weeks through our bank discount, so we might go there unless the multi story works out better value.

xx

DLP Cheyenne 1999, Day trip 2001, DCR 2011, Cheyenne 2014, DCR 2015, DCR 2023, Disneyland Hotel 2025
Lapland Dec 2024
WDW Dibb villa July 2017, Orlando Nov-Dec 2026

Edited at 12:08 AM.
Toria_dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 19, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
steviet78
Excited about Disney

steviet78's Reviews
Prices with Manchester Airport direct for my dates have dropped in the last day or so. The parking I booked earlier this week was £25 cheaper, and M&G was coming in at under £100 for three weeks.
Old 5 May 19, 05:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

I bought a new car last year and I am not bothered about leaving the keys (car has GPS tracker anyway) but was more worried about it being left somewhere I was not happy with. In the end I paid my driver to take us and pick us up and gave him the same money as the car parking, I guess thought with 5 that’s harder.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List