Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 May 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

Reviews on PE row 20A+C on upper deck please

At the moment these seats are available, as well as others on the Upper deck, plus a few on the lower deck, Are they better or worse than others in your view please?
f1girly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 19, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

I haven't flown PE since the bubble was split but if I did I would definitely sit downstairs outbound to get to immigration quicker.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 06:18 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch-fishguard
Apprentice Imagineer

Sat in them last week. Great seats. you cant stretch fully out but you get great space. Perfect for day flights
mitch-fishguard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 07:03 AM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

We had last 2 rows of bubble in PE and loved them and actually preferred them spacevwise to downstairs PE which we had booked for return leg
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
steviet78
Excited about Disney

steviet78's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We were in these seats last month, they were OK but personally I wouldn't sit in the bubble again too overrated in my opinion.

However on the plus side there is quite a lot of leg room plus no one will recline back on you, also you will normally be the first for drinks and meals. On the down side the screens come out of the centre console so you are looking down on them rather than straight ahead, the seats are also near the toilets (only ones on the upper deck) so can be high traffic especially if there is a queue and finally as with every seat in the bubble overhead storage is minimal although you do have cubby's at the side.
steviet78 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
steviet78
Excited about Disney

steviet78's Reviews
Sorry just to add. If you have never done the bubble before and want to do it then do so asap as Virgin are replacing the B747 with the A350 which does not have an upper deck.
steviet78 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
f1girly
Imagineer

Thanks for your replies, do you know when they are being replaced on the Orlando route?
f1girly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
teachx
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Originally Posted by f1girly View Post
Thanks for your replies, do you know when they are being replaced on the Orlando route?
The first of the new aircraft are due to enter service later this year, then they will gradually be phased in through next year, and early 2021. The chatter is that the first ones will go onto the business routes from LHR, with the leisure routes following later on, so am guessing mid to late 2020. The intention is to be complete by mid 2021 subject to the on time delivery of the 12 A350-1000 that they have ordered

2023 Pop Century/Rosen LBV 2019 BC/Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2017 POR/Floridian Hotel & Suites 2016 Red Lion Hotel Kissimmee 2014(2) Rosen Inn @ Pointe 2014 Rosen Inn International 2009 Rosen Plaza 2006 Travelodge I Drive 2004 Howard Johnsons I Drive
teachx is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 19, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
steviet78
Excited about Disney

steviet78's Reviews
Virgin have have already tweeted the first A350 is going to LHR for the JFK route I suspect this is so they can show off the new upper class cabin. I suspect the MAN & LGW fleets will be the last to be replaced. We are already looking at flights for next March and these are showing the B744. I personally think they will start phasing them in after summer next year so they can avoid training pilots in the busy summer season.