Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 18 May 19, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

Standard SUV line yesterday

We arrived yesterday afternoon & had a Standard SUV booked with Alamo (through Andy, who was fab). I’d already seen previous posts saying the selection recently had been pretty terrible for standards...well that was definitely true! They pointed us to the SUV line ‘on the left’ and it was full of intermediates (rav 4, Nissan Rogue, Hyundai Tucson) the only standard was a pretty rubbish looking Dodge Journey. I asked if they had any Jeep Grand Cherokees about but was told they were a higher class and I’d have to pay.. am I wrong in thinking these were standard?
Anyway.. we waited to see what else was coming round and saw a lovely Ford Explorer, not sure what category these are but we asked someone if we could have it, he ummed & ahhed & finally said ‘Just take it’ so not sure if we got lucky.(It’s a lovely car by the way, cream leather, sat nav, heated and cooling seats..gorgeous!)

Next time we are going to pay for a better class that guarantees something decent I think!

Vegas.Disney.MCFC
sbuck93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
duncanb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sbuck93 View Post
We arrived yesterday afternoon & had a Standard SUV booked with Alamo (through Andy, who was fab). I’d already seen previous posts saying the selection recently had been pretty terrible for standards...well that was definitely true! They pointed us to the SUV line ‘on the left’ and it was full of intermediates (rav 4, Nissan Rogue, Hyundai Tucson) the only standard was a pretty rubbish looking Dodge Journey. I asked if they had any Jeep Grand Cherokees about but was told they were a higher class and I’d have to pay.. am I wrong in thinking these were standard?
Anyway.. we waited to see what else was coming round and saw a lovely Ford Explorer, not sure what category these are but we asked someone if we could have it, he ummed & ahhed & finally said ‘Just take it’ so not sure if we got lucky.(It’s a lovely car by the way, cream leather, sat nav, heated and cooling seats..gorgeous!)

Next time we are going to pay for a better class that guarantees something decent I think!
Seems like alot finding the Standard row poor at present.
Old 18 May 19, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by sbuck93 View Post
I asked if they had any Jeep Grand Cherokees about but was told they were a higher class and I’d have to pay.. am I wrong in thinking these were standard?

According to the post https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...d.php?t=814056

The Grand Cherokee is a standard SUV with alamo, so you were right.
Standard SUV fleet (MPG 19-28 AVG 22):
FORD EDGE
CHEVY EQUINOX
DODGE JOURNEY
FORD EXPLORER
GMC TERRAIN
HYUNDAI SANTA FE SPORT
HYUNDAI SANTA FE
JEEP GRAND CHEROKEE
KIA SORENTO - Redesign
MAZDA CX9
NISSAN MURANO
NISSAN PATHFINDER
NISSAN XTERRA
TOYOTA 4RUNNER - Minor Refresh
TOYOTA HIGHLANDER
TOYOTA VENZA
Old 18 May 19, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
steviet78
Excited about Disney

steviet78's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I think the standard's have been pretty poor for the last couple of years, in March there was only Dodge Journeys and a Santa Fe. After a 3 hour delay I couldnt be bothered asking if anything else was coming around so just took the Santa Fe.
steviet78 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I'm currently in a Jeep Grand Cherokee having swapped my airport car out.
It's a Standard SUV with Alamo.

I am getting pretty fed up with the Standard row with them and may change companies if this continues on my next two rentals.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
sharpers42
Trying for More Ears

Oh no! I've just booked a Standard SUV
sharpers42 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
steviet78
Excited about Disney

steviet78's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by sharpers42 View Post
Ive got one booked too and I am one of the people moaning about it

This time I am hoping for something better than the last time when we had a Santa Fe which was awful and I would definitely stay away from in future.
steviet78 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Batman1
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

Originally Posted by sharpers42 View Post
I upgraded from intermediate 🙄
Batman1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Nedsram4
Helping Minnie

My son is obsessed by jeep grand cherokee I emailed Alamo to ask what category I would need to book to get this car (I know they can’t guarantee what make and model is in the line)and the response was book standard suv
Nedsram4 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Welshjim22
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nedsram4 View Post
My son is obsessed by jeep grand cherokee I emailed Alamo to ask what category I would need to book to get this car (I know they can’t guarantee what make and model is in the line)and the response was book standard suv
Its definitely standard. Certainly not full size and doesn't have 7 seats like the explorer which they often say is an upgrade from the standard SUV.
Welshjim22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List