Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 1 Oct 19, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Emmaabb
Earning My Ears

9 people - 2 cars, which type?

As above, we are a group of 9 consisting of 6 adults, 2 teens and 1 five year old. We want to cars to give flexibility and will be collecting from MCO.
Really struggling to understand the different type of cars (not familiar with car makes and models generally) so can someone give me an idea of what we could/should look at?
Needs to be big enough for luggage from MCO to villa but we don’t want a great big truck or minibus!
Also will the 5 year old have to have a car seat/booster seat as in the UK?
Thanks
Emmaabb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Emmaabb
Earning My Ears

*Should read we want two cars 😳
Emmaabb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Hi. For your party size and to get flexibility 2 vehicles is probably the way to go.

You don't say what the make up of the party is be it all family or are there friends etc. That may determine what may be better such as a 7 seater and a very small saloon.

The downside with 2 vehicles is that if you are offsite and all going to a Park then there will be 2 lots of parking fees.

OK. The cheapest will be a 12 seater van. But it's big and not a brilliant drive.

Not knowing the dynamics of the party I would suggest a Standard SUV for 5 people and a full size Saloon for the other 4. Or 2 x Standard SUV's

The good thing with an SUV is they take more cases than a Saloon does.

The 5 year old will need a seat. Most UK carriers carry them free of charge so you could take your own.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Brock
Excited about Disney

I would drop an email to Andy at DFCH and ask his advise he is very knowable
Brock is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Emmaabb
Earning My Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Hi. For your party size and to get flexibility 2 vehicles is probably the way to go.

You don't say what the make up of the party is be it all family or are there friends etc. That may determine what may be better such as a 7 seater and a very small saloon.

The downside with 2 vehicles is that if you are offsite and all going to a Park then there will be 2 lots of parking fees.

OK. The cheapest will be a 12 seater van. But it's big and not a brilliant drive.

Not knowing the dynamics of the party I would suggest a Standard SUV for 5 people and a full size Saloon for the other 4. Or 2 x Standard SUV's

The 5 year old will need a seat. Most UK carriers carry them free of charge so you could take your own.
Thank you - great help.
We are all family, 2 grandparents, 2 sets of parents and 3 Kids between us.
Hadn’t factored in 2 lots of parking fees... that is definitely a consideration.
Is there any difference in parking fees according to size of car (ie would a minivan cost more to park than a car?)
Think we need to establish whether the GP are going to do parks every day. Maybe a 7 seater and small car could work.
Also we are in Windsor hills so just one 7 seater car and Uber might me an option.
Lots to think on - thanks Tom
Old 1 Oct 19, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Emmaabb View Post
Thank you - great help.
We are all family, 2 grandparents, 2 sets of parents and 3 Kids between us.
Hadn’t factored in 2 lots of parking fees... that is definitely a consideration.
Is there any difference in parking fees according to size of car (ie would a minivan cost more to park than a car?)
Think we need to establish whether the GP are going to do parks every day. Maybe a 7 seater and small car could work.
Also we are in Windsor hills so just one 7 seater car and Uber might me an option.
Lots to think on - thanks Tom
As you say, lots to think about.

Parking fee is the same for a tiny car right up to a 15 seater van so no worries there whatever you hire.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 19, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post
saw dog
Helping Mickey

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post

Where do the 5 cases and 5 carry on cases go in the Standard SUV?
saw dog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List