Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 1 Feb 20, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmaabb
Earning My Ears

Tickets via Cashback site - do I do it?

We are looking at buying our park tickets in the next week or so for this August. We will be getting the 14 day Disney/Universal combo tickets (9 in total)
I have looked at prices via the various sites at the top of this page - AttractionTickets, Florida Escapes, etc - but wonder if I am missing something by not going via a cash back site. I have seen it mentioned on various threads here and having never used one of these sites I am not entirely sure how I go about it - can anyone shed some light please? (or tell me if its not actually worth it!)
Emmaabb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue F
Imagineer

Sue F's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We just bought 8 tickets via AttractionTickets and went via TopCashBack - got £60 in cashback vouchers which will come in very handy! We also got cashback on the car via Alamo of £130 and we are going out for a meal tonight with a voucher we bought using our cashback vouchers. All in all, I would say Yes! Go for it, it's amazing how it all adds up.

Just sign up for an account with the cashback site, then search for the retailer on their site to make sure they offer cash back, then click the link to go to the site. Once you are on the site just shop as normal and, once you complete your purchase you will get an email saying you have cash. Warning: It's not instant cash though and can take months for the cashback to be in your account as they have to wait for the retailer to pay them. Plus, you will get more cash if you take it in vouchers for something like M&S than having it paid into your account.

Edited at 02:17 PM.
Sue F is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Originally Posted by Emmaabb View Post
We are looking at buying our park tickets in the next week or so for this August. We will be getting the 14 day Disney/Universal combo tickets (9 in total)
I have looked at prices via the various sites at the top of this page - AttractionTickets, Florida Escapes, etc - but wonder if I am missing something by not going via a cash back site. I have seen it mentioned on various threads here and having never used one of these sites I am not entirely sure how I go about it - can anyone shed some light please? (or tell me if its not actually worth it!)
Log into the cashback site (Quidco or Topcashback), search for retailer, click on link (opens page to retailer with a tagged URL to log your visit), complete transaction, wait for purchase to track, get cashback X weeks later
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
To put your mind at rest, you aren't "using" the site to purchase your tickets, you basically use the site to follow a link to the site you are going to purchase from anyway, hope that makes sense. Sometimes it's pennies but on a few occasions we have used Quidco to book our WDTC holiday & had £150 cash back, I know they have a good deal on Disney Tickets at the moment. It's worth crunching numbers, don't forget that your Disney/Universal package is actually just 2 separate tickets paired together not a "package" as such
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmaabb
Earning My Ears

Thanks all - really helpful, much appreciated
Emmaabb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
JayPR
Apprentice Imagineer

Make sure your not on private browsing.My very first attempt on cash back site I didnt receive the cash back.I raised a complaint and they gave private browsing for the reason I didnt receive anything
JayPR is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List