Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 9 Mar 20, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

7 best 2 credit meals?

Hi all

so next year I want to upgrade to the DDP from QSDP stating at POFQ. This will be a first for me

However, over the two weeks I will not want to sit down every day, so thought I would do 7 2 credit sit downs.

Where do you suggest?
I know Cali Grill will probably be for the two sundays, so another 5?

OR if you think there are really good 1 table credit, more than happy to hear them too.

Thank you

Sarah
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post

I don’t know if I would do seven 2TS meals, you might find you run out of credits if you do. I also wouldn’t do the brunch twice, but I would consider The brunch and dinner another day.

Others we have enjoyed are Yachtsman Steakhouse, Narcoossee and Tiffins for a park based option. I will shortly be trying for the first time Monsieur Paul, Jikos and Topolino’s (not sure if that is 2TS though).
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 06:16 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Well your 2 credits are basically your Signature dining experiences... So disneyworld.disney.go/di...nature-dining/ if I'm not mistaken.

California Grill brunch (assuming that's what you mean by Sundays) is a great experience and I highly recommend it! I'll gladly eat two Sunday brunches in a row at California Grill though I might gain a ridiculous amount of weight doing so just because the food is so good.

Otherwise other possible 2TS signature dining might be:

Cinderella's Royal Table - just for the cool factor of eating inside the castle. The food isn't so great though but it's one of the dining experiences that I'm glad I've done at least once. They used to include the tip in the 2TS (not sure if this is still the case) which was nice.

Hollywood Brown Derby - I've only been there once but rather enjoyed the food there, also it's a nice convenient location inside DHS.

Tiffins - I've been twice but had mixed experiences, once great and once not so great. Might be worth seeing if they still do the rivers of light dining (not sure if this is 2TS eligible) as it was a really good deal when that was happening food wise.

Le Cellier - I went just a few months ago and the filet mignon and risotto was sublime. Would happily go back again for this.

My to-try list of Signatures include: Yachtman's Steakhouse, Jiko, Monsieur Paul.

Some of the good 1TS I've enjoyed: Kona Cafe, Garden Grill, Yak and Yeti

My to-try list of 1TS include: Liberty Tree Tavern, Skipper Canteen, Akershus, Chefs de France, Teppan Edo
Old 9 Mar 20, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I'm actually puzzled why you would want to ? I get upgrading to DDP but not why you would then do it just to get 7 Signatures? So each Signature is effectively costing 2x Upgrades + 2 x QS service meals & what then do you do on the days where you have no TS credits for ie those other 7 days ?
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi we sort of get what your thinking although would definitely do some single credits.
For doubles narcooses followed by fireworks from decking,Cali grill and fireworks and yachtsman followed by a few cocktails at jelly rolls for the duelling pianos.
For single credit meals we enjoy chef de France and for some craic raglan road for some music. So many good places to samples.
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I don’t know if I would do seven 2TS meals, you might find you run out of credits if you do. I also wouldn’t do the brunch twice, but I would consider The brunch and dinner another day.

Others we have enjoyed are Yachtsman Steakhouse, Narcoossee and Tiffins for a park based option. I will shortly be trying for the first time Monsieur Paul, Jikos and Topolino’s (not sure if that is 2TS though).
But if I am there 14 days I have 14 sit down meals, hence why I don't want to do one a day, some days I am offsite so eating away and snack and qs will keep me going inbetween all that large amount of sit down food
Disney Nanny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
I'm actually puzzled why you would want to ? I get upgrading to DDP but not why you would then do it just to get 7 Signatures? So each Signature is effectively costing 2x Upgrades + 2 x QS service meals & what then do you do on the days where you have no TS credits for ie those other 7 days ?
SD
See my other answers as to where and what I will be eating
Old 10 Mar 20, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Nanny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sky13 View Post
Well your 2 credits are basically your Signature dining experiences... So disneyworld.disney.go/di...nature-dining/ if I'm not mistaken.

California Grill brunch (assuming that's what you mean by Sundays) is a great experience and I highly recommend it! I'll gladly eat two Sunday brunches in a row at California Grill though I might gain a ridiculous amount of weight doing so just because the food is so good.

Otherwise other possible 2TS signature dining might be:

Cinderella's Royal Table - just for the cool factor of eating inside the castle. The food isn't so great though but it's one of the dining experiences that I'm glad I've done at least once. They used to include the tip in the 2TS (not sure if this is still the case) which was nice.

Hollywood Brown Derby - I've only been there once but rather enjoyed the food there, also it's a nice convenient location inside DHS.

Tiffins - I've been twice but had mixed experiences, once great and once not so great. Might be worth seeing if they still do the rivers of light dining (not sure if this is 2TS eligible) as it was a really good deal when that was happening food wise.

Le Cellier - I went just a few months ago and the filet mignon and risotto was sublime. Would happily go back again for this.

My to-try list of Signatures include: Yachtman's Steakhouse, Jiko, Monsieur Paul.

Some of the good 1TS I've enjoyed: Kona Cafe, Garden Grill, Yak and Yeti

My to-try list of 1TS include: Liberty Tree Tavern, Skipper Canteen, Akershus, Chefs de France, Teppan Edo
so, def doing the Brunch twice
yachtsman looks like a maybe too now.

have previously done Liberty tree, Yak and Yeti, off to look at Kona and Jiko but neither have I tried skipper or Teppan, again as solo might consider these too.
Old 10 Mar 20, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Disney Nanny View Post
But if I am there 14 days I have 14 sit down meals, hence why I don't want to do one a day, some days I am offsite so eating away and snack and qs will keep me going inbetween all that large amount of sit down food
You won’t have at least one meal a day? Don’t you always sit down when you eat? I am puzzled.

Anyway yes, going offsite will mean your credits go further and free some up for the 2TS restaurants. I did not know that was your plan, hence it felt like you might run out.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 20, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Flower2603
Imagineer

Flower2603's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by Disney Nanny View Post
I agree with you, some days I just want to have quick service for my main meal and spend a whole evening in a park without having to leave or break to spend 1.5 hours eating.

I enjoy signatures, we love Narcoosee's because the lobster tail and steak is amazing, we like going over to Grand Floridian and seeing the water light pagent (not sure it's the correct name!).

August 2008 - All Star Sports/Tradewinds, St. Pete
Aug. 2010 - Beach Club/RPH Aug. 2012 - Beach Club!
August 2015 - RPH/POFQ
October 2017 - Newport Bay DLP August 2018 Tokyo Disney
Flower2603 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List