Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 26 May 20, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile Think dirty app (and spf moisturiser )

Has anyone used this? I just joined a tropics skincare evening with a mate and it was mentioned. Horrified to see most my daily products are bad! It’s hard to know how much I should care or switch but it’s definitely made me much more aware!

On another note I desperately need a decent moisturiser not super expensive with spf30 or more in it for me and my daughter. Any ideas?
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 20, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
nolypops83
VIP Dibber

I'd be very wary of such an app. A lot of this clean beauty, non toxic, chemical free claims are actually just marketing. Here's just one video but I'm sure there will be more.

Old 27 May 20, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Interesting thanks
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

I'd also be wary of the hard sell by Tropic skincare sellers. La Roche-Posay is good but a friend who has had skin cancer always uses a facial sun cream on top of her moisturiser.
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nolypops83 View Post
I'd be very wary of such an app. A lot of this clean beauty, non toxic, chemical free claims are actually just marketing. Here's just one video but I'm sure there will be more.

Thank you for that post , very eye opening and very naughty they are making false claims , basically recommending paid for products ...I also note the cost of 'joining' was skimmed over very quickly!
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
Thank you for that post , very eye opening and very naughty they are making false claims , basically recommending paid for products ...I also note the cost of 'joining' was skimmed over very quickly!
I am guessing its an MLM ( multi level marketing)?
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

I use an SPF moisturiser everyday, but please be careful. SPF 30 is SPF 30 if it is in sunscreen or moisturiser. However, we don’t apply moisturiser as thickly as sunscreen needs to be applied to be effective. So the moisturiser is fine for popping out to hang out washing etc, but won’t provide enough protection if you are going to sit in the sun with your coffee.

Ultra sun face is formulated to skincare standards and can be used as a daily moisturiser.
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 20, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
I am guessing its an MLM ( multi level marketing)?
Tropic is MLM, although I've just read some articles where they argue that they're not. The founder was on the Apprentice, she didn't win but Alan Sugar went into business with her and I'm pretty sure it's his most successful business to come out of the show.
Beth_Disney is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List