Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 May 20, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Is it silly to take 2 buggies?

Advice please. We are going (hopefully) in May next year and will be taking our 2 and 4 year old. We are taking the baby jogger double as it’s a lot of walking and they will probably need to rest during the park days. But I was also thinking of taking the maclaren single buggy for trips to the shops, Disney springs, Disney buses etc.

Edited at 12:33 PM.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 20, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
TryAnything1317
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

I think that sounds like a good idea. Last time we didn't have a double but we did take 2 singles. One of them folded small enough to go in a bag so we could hang it on the handle of the city mini. Ours were 15 months and 5 at the time (five year old has autism and gets tired and over stimulated so needed the city mini a fair bit)

I wouldn't fancy pushing a double round the shops and it was nice to be able to split up with a child each when we needed to, or pack one pushchair away when they wanted to walk.

We were meant to be there now with 3 kids this time. I was also going to take a mei tai carrier to throw the 2 1/2 year old in on my back if needed.
TryAnything1317 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 20, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Flower2603
Imagineer

Flower2603's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 24
When my two were little (13 months apart) we had a double buggy but mostly used the 2 single buggies as it was easier for us.

August 2008 - All Star Sports/Tradewinds, St. Pete
Aug. 2010 - Beach Club/RPH Aug. 2012 - Beach Club!
August 2015 - RPH/POFQ
October 2017 - Newport Bay DLP August 2018 Tokyo Disney
Flower2603 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 20, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

If you can manage to take an additional single then do it, although last year our LB was 5 and spent a lot of time in the buggy over there due to the heat and hadn't used a buggy over here since he was 2.

My thoughts would be the amount of room it would take up in the room, unless your in a village then no problem there and also transporting the suitcases, the kids and a double and single buggy with you, we struggle with suitcases, car seat, buggy and there is only 3 of us.
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 20, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Tetrarch
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 23
You don't say what type of accommodation you've booked, but if it's a villa and booked privately, ask your owner if they provide any buggies. And almost as important, if they say yes, check they are something better than those awful flimsy ones they sell in Walmart which will be hard work! We certainly provide two good single buggies and I'm sure other owners will too so that might save you taking your own single one.

Debra
Old 11 May 20, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
allymc316
Getting Excited

we have twins and have always travelled with 2 single strollers. However we bought these - amazon/Munchkin-Stro...ct_top?ie=UTF8

I know they are now discontinued but there are alternatives available. I can only comment on these and they are a godsend. When I am dealing with luggage etc my wife can push the two strollers together. Then we split up the strollers and have one each. Makes it a lot easier to get through shops etc.

We have used them this way since we started going on holidays when they were 6 months and it works very well for us.

I would keep the double buggy at home and take two single strollers and a set of links. It gives you much more freedom
allymc316 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 20, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Double buggy. If one (or both) want to walk you’re then stuck pushing two pushchairs. We have had a similar set up (18m age gap) and when one or both wanted to walk they held hands with the parent who wasn’t pushing the pushchair. Obvs there’s plenty of stroller parking spots but having one ‘free’ parent to hold hands or just keep close to the child/ten not in the pushchair was a blessing.

The Baby Joggers aren’t very wide (we had the GT version) and are so easy to flip up or fold down. They push so comfortably and don’t make life difficult in shops at all. On buses (we were onsite) we again had one parent with the pushchair and one parent with the kids.

Edited at 03:51 PM.
ely3857 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 20, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsEgg View Post
If you can manage to take an additional single then do it, although last year our LB was 5 and spent a lot of time in the buggy over there due to the heat and hadn't used a buggy over here since he was 2.

My thoughts would be the amount of room it would take up in the room, unless your in a village then no problem there and also transporting the suitcases, the kids and a double and single buggy with you, we struggle with suitcases, car seat, buggy and there is only 3 of us.
Space wise we should be fine as need 2 cars and are staying in a villa. We wanted to take their own car seats as well, I’m just trying to work out logistically if we can manage it al between the group.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 20, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tetrarch View Post
You don't say what type of accommodation you've booked, but if it's a villa and booked privately, ask your owner if they provide any buggies. And almost as important, if they say yes, check they are something better than those awful flimsy ones they sell in Walmart which will be hard work! We certainly provide two good single buggies and I'm sure other owners will too so that might save you taking your own single one.

Debra
I did think of that. And the villa we are staying in does have decent ones, we’ve stayed there before prior to kids. But I was thinking I might need it at the airport for the 2 year old.
Old 11 May 20, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Wolf1984
Imagineer

Mobile

2 buggies is a blessing when the heat kicks in the little delights decide they won't walk by further! Also handy if you can get them sleeping in them if heading out in the evening for a bit.
Wolf1984 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List