Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Jun 20, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Except Florida

Which US destinations will you revisit or not
Us now New York 2 visits is enough we’ve done everything we want
Las Vegas one visit hated it only 3 days in a week I’d repeat 1 DS2 wedding day our day at the GrandCannon and DH doing his one and only marathon he loves to run but he’s says a competitive marathon is the most mind numbing thing ever it in his done it not to be repeated drawer and he had a great time and a surprise to us allwhen he said I’m running tomorrow
Hawaii oh some of it has to be the most amazing places on this earth but tent on certain bits of the sea front for homeless not so nice but all,of them were polite respectful to!us

We will be back and do more Pearl Harbour for one we just ran out of time on a whole day trip
San Fran amazing even though DS must have wasted the extra on the insurance the uphill walking I survived real China Town electric Alcatraz mind changing
Boston we are coming back
Savannah and Tybee island oh if we could afford a home
Virginia / outer banks we will/
Be back
What are yours
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 02:13 AM  
Link to this Post

We have been to New York loads of times, not for a while now and we would like to get back, we will never tire of going to New York. I think we will always enjoy going to Las Vegas and Los Angeles too. San Francisco we will go back to as we got married there, but it will not be a regular thing, in fact we have not been back since the wedding we maybe will go back on a significant anniversary.

We have been to Washington once and that is enough. Boston twice and that is also enough. Miami maybe three or four times and would not go back for Miami, but if it were a convenient start point for another trip then we would.

We are thinking of Hawaii, which I expect would be a one off. Would also like to see Seattle, Chicago and San Diego which I would also expect to be one offS. Chicago would be a second trip for DH as he went there with work once, he thinks I would like it.

Edited at 02:14 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

We got married in Las Vegas and have been 7 times now, we love it. Would go back to San Diego, been twice and Palm Springs been 4 times. PS is right up our street. Hopefully going again in December. Also loved Pinehusrt NC and Hilton Head Island. Just beautiful.
Not explored LA, just used it as a landing site. It doesn’t really appeal to us, or San Francisco for that matter.
Been to New York once and we might go back but not something we are desperate to do, maybe just for the baseball.
There are still loads of places in the US that I want to visit. My dh isn’t fussed where we go. But we are also creatures of habit and like to go back to where we have enjoyed.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
alexisemma31
Imagineer

Not intending on revisiting
- New York
- Las Vegas
- Memphis
- Smoky Mountains
only because I feel we saw everything we wanted to see when we visited.

Would absolutely revisit
- Nashville
- The Californian coast - especially Pacific Grove
- Florida Keys
Old 1 Jun 20, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Not US but Vancouver is high on my return list ,
Vegas I’ve done numerous times , new husband wants to go (although I don’t think he will like it)
Arizona I visited before I discovered I had long lost family there and is high on the list to visit great uncle at his ranch in Tucson (was supposed to be a big get together this coming January but who knows if that will go ahead )
Pennsylvania , we drove through Amish country. I’d like to go back and explore ... same trip Washington was cancelled due to an incoming hurricane .
New York , not fussed
Vermont was gorgeous in midwinter , maybe return in the summer
Chicago a definite return , a favourite city
Utah yes, Idaho no

I think I better stop , the list is getting too long.

Edited at 07:52 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

I have so many new places I want to go to so I am not sure when I will get return trips, but there are some I would love to go back to!
California coast - the road was closed when we visited so missed out on the Big Sur, need to get back to see it.
New Hampshire/ Vermont/ Maine - visited these as part of my New England trip last year, but they were beautiful and I would love to go back and explore more areas of them.
New York - I have been once but my partner has never been and would like to. I love musicals so Broadway definitely appeals and I would happily visit again but only for a few days, the city gets a bit much after that!
Chicago (more accurately an hour or so north of Chicago) - I have a good friend there I would like to see again so I would return, but more for her than the area... although the cheese curds are good there...
Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I'd love to go back to Las Vegas, so much we wanted to do that we just didn't get round to.

New York, I was underwhelmed with so not worried about going back there.

No interest in revisiting Atlanta / Georgia, feel we've done it to death with my brother living there!

I've not spent enough time on the west coast so that's somewhere I'd love to spend some time exploring, I've only seen SF & Hollywood for 1 day each on stopovers to Hawaii and back. Enough time to go to Universal Hollywood but not much else.

National parks.

I'd love to visit the Ozarks and while I'm at it, Albuquerque to do the Breaking Bad sights.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
julie b
Imagineer

San Francisco x3
Las Vegas x12
Santa Barbara x1
San Diego x2
LA x3
New York x3
Nashville x1
Smokey mountains x2
Gatlinburg x2
Seattle x1
Vancouver x1
Toronto x2
Florida x20 plus..

Would do them all again in a heartbeat..Detroit Motown museum bucket list next hopefully...
julie b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Actually Florida would be the place we are least likely to visit., been many time’s , I suppose we will take our granddaughter to the parks again , but if it wasn’t for her we wouldn’t go back .

The west coast specially Vegas is one of our favourites closely followed by North Carolina .

Atlanta I liked , but will probably only go back to if my friend continues to live there .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Morganza
slightly serious Dibber

So many great places to visit in the US!

Done a few road trips which is an amazing way to see the country. Drove from Toronto to Athens, Georgia for a wedding. Highlights :

Skyline drive in the Smoky Mountains
Finger Lakes in New York (upstate NY is like going back in time- lovely!)
Maryland - reminds me of Cornwall!
Tennessee - like Scotland with better weather
Carolinas - so many pretty towns. Greenville is gorgeous with a rocky river in the middle where children play.
Lake Erie, Ohio - like a 50s film set!
Atlanta - vibrant city. My kids still talk about the Coca Cola museum!

Other places:

Denver, Colorado - wonderful place! Had a trip into the red desert and a funicular up a mountain
Portland Oregon - so friendly and clean and organised
Savannah and Tybee - Savannah is another back in time place with a lot of the old squares still intact. Tybee beach is gorgeous and lots of fab cafes and restaurants. Very relaxed.
Boston/New Hampshire/Vermont - beautiful.

(I know it's still Florida but also love Miami! Husband is a Dolphins fan so we try to get there every year - or an away game but they are usually in cold places!)

Edited at 10:39 AM.
Morganza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List