Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Aug 15, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

So Mad!

I am so angry, and I'm ranting on the Dibb instead of getting in my car and giving the person involved a piece of my mind!

In my parents village, there is a road which runs between a private dwelling and agricultural land. The road belongs to the owner of the land, and the people who own the house have a right of way over it. The house is large, walled and gated, and set back some way from the road. My parents are friends with the man who owns the land, and he has told them (and other friends, including me) to use the road whenever they wish,. My parents walk along it with the dogs once a week or so as it creates a nice 'loop' of 3 miles or so plus the views are beautiful.

For a period of time the people in the house have occasionally stopped us when we've been walking to advise its a private road, and we always explain that we know that, and we're using it with the landowner's permission. The parents accept this, but the son in his 30s seems to think that we also need their permission but when he waffles on we just carry on our way. We don't make a noise, leave dog poop or do anything else antisocial. Recently the son has taken to driving his car down the road after he sees people walking past, at speed and in an aggressive and threatening way, and then he will turn around and do the same in the other direction. Its childish, but we just let him crack on, there's no point rising to the bait.

Today is a gorgeous day so my Mum went out after lunch with the dogs and walked along this road. The son has done his usual 'driving at her' trick, then he's told her its a private road and she shouldn't be using it so Mum has explained she is using the land with the landowner's permission, and then he threatened her and told her that if he ever sees her on the road again, he will run her and the dogs off it!

I am RAGING. I don't know how she stopped my Dad going up there. Mum has phoned the Police, as I am firmly of the view it constitutes a public order offence, and hopefully they are coming to see her tonight. This twerp will also be getting a letter from my office on Monday putting him on a harassment warning. Seriously, what makes people think they can behave like this?

Sorry, pointless post... :angry::angry::angry:
Old 15 Aug 15, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Cherrypie
Imagineer

Idiot. Hope the police put the wind up him later xx
Cherrypie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 15, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
justjo
Imagineer

Can your parents ask the landowner to have a wrod with the family and tell them to Back off!

Disney All Star Movies 2005 Our Honeymoon
Mallorca in a Villa Jan 2006
Mallorca Hotel Barcelo Cala Vinas, Fantastic June 2008
Westhaven Villa Christmas 2009 Just Fantastic
Mallorca All Inclusive for 6, July 2010
10 of us went to Florida July/Aug 2010
Mallorca All Inclusive here August 2013
justjo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 15, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
KellyWellyWoo
Imagineer

KellyWellyWoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 3
Guidebook Reviews: 1
There's no need for that1 I'm a bit confused though- do the family have the right to tell people not to be on it despite the land owner saying you can?
KellyWellyWoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 15, 05:37 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Originally Posted by KellyWellyWoo View Post
There's no need for that1 I'm a bit confused though- do the family have the right to tell people not to be on it despite the land owner saying you can?
No, they have a right of way only. I can only assume the son says that in the hope that the people he says it to are ignorant of the law. Fortunately, I'm not

I don't think the landowner can do anything, relations don't appear to be good as the people in the house hate the fact he's given people permission to use the road. I think they think its their road, to the point that they've put 'private road' signs up at each end they're very odd.
Old 15 Aug 15, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Scott family
Apprentice Imagineer

Scott family's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
He is acting as though the road is his. You are right to speak to the police as from what you say his behaviour is getting worse and he could end up hurting someone. If he keeps driving his car like that. Keep us updated on how things go.
Old 15 Aug 15, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Whoo hooo... go get him Kate! A solicitors letter and a firm word from the Old Bill might just clip his wheels a bit.
ChrisS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 15, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. Dreadful behaviour by that yob and a letter from your office will do wonders I'm sure.
However if I remember correctly the Police can't do anything ref the PO Act as it has to be a Public Place which it isn't . Not enough to rack it up to an affray which can be committed in a private place.

I do hope the letter works as he is a bully by the sound of it.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 15, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
OP. Dreadful behaviour by that yob and a letter from your office will do wonders I'm sure.
However if I remember correctly the Police can't do anything ref the PO Act as it has to be a Public Place which it isn't . Not enough to rack it up to an affray which can be committed in a private place.

I do hope the letter works as he is a bully by the sound of it.
We have a provision here which England doesn't have for an offence of Provoking Behaviour, and I think it's met. I actually think affray is met when coupled with the fact he drove at her at speed because she was shaking like a leaf when she got home, and she isn't a wallflower, but we'll see what the Police say.

He is a bully - I hope a visit from the boys in blue and a harassment warning will give him a wake up, but somehow I doubt it.
Old 15 Aug 15, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
whlparkstone
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh goodness, how awful. Whilst I was reading your post I was think you should contact the police, so I am glad to read that you did. I hope he gets a visit from them!