Notices

Old 16 Jun 19, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by katnav View Post
Thank gezzasgem, i have donr exactly that thanks for Goldia writing about it in her pre trippie. Made me make a couple of alterations last week so glad I found out about that. It looks like I should be ok but who knows of the website/app will play ball today!

So glad your FP day went well!
Thanks! Everything crossed for you today! 🤞
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Apprentice Imagineer

Fastpasses done.

It took me a good hour to get everything booked (still 1 day to book tomorrow when it opens). I mainly used the app to start but them moved over to the website so I could see more available times (thanks for the tip Goldia with the clicking on more info and times to get a long list of available FP times). I had to do quite a bit of modifying as things would overlap by 5 minutes and that probably took me the most time.

I managed to get three FOP fastpasses and 2 Slinky at the times I wanted very easily. I only really had trouble for our first full day and getting good times for Peter Pan and BTM so had a change around to later in the holiday for them so I could get earlier times FP on our first day and then I can hopefully get a 4th, 5th, 6th FP.

So there we are... FP day was a success I would say.
katnav is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Glad to hear that you managed to get everything you wanted
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I'm really pleased everything went well for you. 3 FOP and 2 SDD is good going especially as they are at the times you wanted. I did the same as you with my first full day as I wanted 7dmt but there were no morning slots available so I ended up with haunted mansion, Buzz and I can't remember what else now! But I'm going in with the strategy you are of doing the FP early and then booking up 4th, 5th, 6th.

I keep wishing we had a bit more summery weather as I still don't feel like it's summer and the holiday still feels a long way off. I've only got 6 weeks to go, but it still feels like a lifetime.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 19, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I've ended up with the same fp as you Goldie for our first MK trip. I looked back at our first day at MK from last time and my last fp was booked for 12-1 and we managed another 5 or 6 fp on top of that so I'm hopeful we can repeat.

I agree with feeling like a lifetime but I also feel like the countdown which started at 400 something has flown by.
katnav is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jul 19, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Mini update...

Haven't done much planning wise other than some shopping for boring stuff like suncream, new pair of sunglasses etc. Still have 1 week of work before we break for the summer and I will then get on with the final bits of planning.

I did however find out one of the teachers at school ( my daughters previous teacher and most favourite teacher that she still visits after school every day!) Is going to disney at the same time as us. She said we will meet up and she will take Ava on a ride. She asked me to keep it a surprise from her so we are going to plan our meet in secret. Ava will go mad when she sees her there and it will add a different bit of magic to the holiday as she loves this teacher so much.

Three weeks today and we will be landing (hopefully). Cant believe we have such a short countdown now and it seems to be flying by.

One last update is it has been decided that our cheaper Florida break in February 2020 is becoming a disney trip as our friends have decided they do want to do the disney parks so we will be pricing up annual passes whilst we are out there in a couple of weeks to see if it is better price to upgrade to annual than buy a new set of tickets but either way feels nice to have another disney trip six months after we come back this year to hopefully help with the inevitable disney blues!
Old 20 Jul 19, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh wow that sounds so exciting! What a lovely surprise for dd ... it always feels so surreal when you see people in a place and context that you don’t expect to see them! Exciting about next Feb too... definitely will make returning home less painful!
Old 21 Jul 19, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
GezzasGem
Imagineer

Mobile

How lovely for Ava! 😊 and great change of plan for February 😄👌 So exciting the countdown is nearly into the 'teens' now 🤗🤗🤗
GezzasGem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
katnav
Apprentice Imagineer

Had a mini panic as my oh had lost his driving licence. He does all the driving in the US so this was a big problem. He went out for the evening having dropped this bomb shell on me.

I spent the evening going through drawers, bags, shelves and came up with nothing. I googled turn around for replacement licences... resigned myself to the fact I would be driving for the whole 3 week holiday when I thought I'd have 1 last look in the office.

Under the stupid computer keyboard! Why would he put it UNDER the keyboard?!

Thank goodness for that and I celebrated with a small bag of fruit pastels!

Almost there now. Trying to keep on top of the washing and ironing as we have a very busy week next week. No packing yet, will probably make a start tomorrow or Monday. Cant believe it's nearly here.

Edited at 09:15 PM.
Old 3 Aug 19, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeandshell
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Can't believe this time next week we will be near enough there! The time has just flown!
mikeandshell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List