Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 25 Jun 16, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
skindogg
slightly serious Dibber

skindogg's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Transportation to US27 - Davenport Villa

We have 8 travellers flying into MCO and are renting an intermediate SUV from Alamo as the 9th person already has a 7 seater vehicle and is driving up from West palm Beach on the second day of our holiday.

We need to get transportation from MCO to Hampton Lakes off US27 for the party. We can take 3 in the car plus some bags on back seat and boot (intermediate SUV rented from Alamo) and the other 4 plus whatever bags are remaining need to get transport.

I know it's likely to be $100 or so but it's cheaper than renting a second vehicle especially given the fact my cousin is joining us with a 7 seater on day 2.

Anyone point me in the direction of where we can price up a transfer? Thinking the usual Mears Taxis that you see everywhere but interested tio know of any alternative options. Google gives me lots of options so really looking for a recommendation as to who anyone else has used

Thanks in anticipation

Edited at 09:26 AM.
skindogg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 16, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
steviet78
Excited about Disney

steviet78's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What about two trips? and get the others to wait somewhere. This would save you quite a bit.

Another option could be Uber, although i'm not sure if they are allowed to pick up from the airport.
steviet78 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 16, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
skindogg
slightly serious Dibber

skindogg's Reviews
Originally Posted by steviet78 View Post
What about two trips? and get the others to wait somewhere. This would save you quite a bit.

Another option could be Uber, although i'm not sure if they are allowed to pick up from the airport.

We thought of 2 trips but we have an 18 month old, 6 year old, 10 year old and 12 year old. We will already have done Dublin-Atlanta-Orlando and will be shattered...

But I'll put it to the group again I guess it's 45 mins to US27 and 45 mins back so would be a 90 minute additional wait... I guess they could go up to departures and there are shops and a small food court...
Old 25 Jun 16, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Bayshore
Imagineer

Bayshore's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 5
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
What about a lynx bus for the few that don't fit and driver doubles back to collect them when he drops the others? MIght work! Routes 11, 42 and 51 go from MCO.
golynx/maps-schedules...schedules.stml
Bayshore is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 16, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Bayshore
Imagineer

Bayshore's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 5
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Just to add, we used uber last year and it was perfect.
Bayshore is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 16, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
coggie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by skindogg View Post
We have 8 travellers flying into MCO and are renting an intermediate SUV from Alamo as the 9th person already has a 7 seater vehicle and is driving up from West palm Beach on the second day of our holiday.

We need to get transportation from MCO to Hampton Lakes off US27 for the party. We can take 3 in the car plus some bags on back seat and boot (intermediate SUV rented from Alamo) and the other 4 plus whatever bags are remaining need to get transport.

I know it's likely to be $100 or so but it's cheaper than renting a second vehicle especially given the fact my cousin is joining us with a 7 seater on day 2.

Anyone point me in the direction of where we can price up a transfer? Thinking the usual Mears Taxis that you see everywhere but interested tio know of any alternative options. Google gives me lots of options so really looking for a recommendation as to who anyone else has used

Thanks in anticipation
We used Florida Magical Transportation for this... there was 6 of us so I arranged for 5 to go in the taxi ( with hand luggage, swimgear in there) ... I stayed and with the help of a one of the luggage guys got the cases and took them and loaded the car. The rest of the family got away quick, stopped off at Publix and got some snack stuff and cold drinks and headed to the villa... by the time I got there they had chosen bedrooms, had a dip in the pool and had a nice cold beer waiting for me when I arrived

Edited at 10:27 AM.
coggie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 16, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

A 4 door full size would cost less than £40 to hire for one day. Return it to the Disney site to save you going all the way back to the airport. I just did a dummy booking on Alamo.
Old 25 Jun 16, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Way cheaper to hire a car for a day if you've got a driver.

Mears taxi fare calculator says between $82 and $103.50 (depending on address and traffic).
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 16, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
skindogg
slightly serious Dibber

skindogg's Reviews
Yea but then we need to take it back on day 2 That wastes a morning!

Will look into that tho
Old 26 Jun 16, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread