Closed Thread

Old 16 Sep 16, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Annual pass and 7 days of fastpass+?

What is the idea behind penalising someone with an annual pass to only allow you to book 7 days worth? It's properly messing up our plans as my daughter has an annual pass so I can't include her in our plans for our last few days ... Grrr!
Does she have to have used her first days worth before she can have more?
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 16, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I'm in the same boat next year as my in laws have annual passes but the rest of us 21 day tickets. I'm not sure what we'll do yet but hoping to match some of them up after they've used their 7 day ones!

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 16, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Does anyone know for sure when she can add new ones?
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 16, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post

We're going with family next June and December and we were going to buy annual passes when we're there this time but this FP ruling is really putting me off buying the AP,I'm not sure what to do.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 16, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Once she uses her first day FPs she can book another day i.e day 8.
Old 16 Sep 16, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

It is primarily aimed to stop locals booking loads of fastpasses on a whim just in case they might go and therefore stopping others who only go once or twice a year from getting them. Most Americans don't go on holiday for more than a week so 7 days works for the vast majority of AP holders.

I do wish that they added some way to allow us foreigners who go for longer to book more than 7 days, but I highly doubt it will happen.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 16, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Thanks all... I can understand them wanting to stop the locals from making 365 days worth, but there must be a better way of doing it than penalising European travellers who tend to visit for longer periods. I've emailed Disney anyway telling them how I'm regretting visiting twice in one year and how disappointed I am at them stopping us finalising our plans...I'll let everyone know if I get a helpful response
Old 18 Sep 16, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
But they don't necessarily know who's European and who isn't. There are people in the UK who travel to the US frequently who have US bank accounts. And, I guess, vice versa. Plus having one rule for one set of people and one rule for another would be considered unfair - especially by the vast majority of annual pass holders who are american.

Given that Disney sell 10 day MYW passes, I'm surprised they don't make the limit 10 days instead of 7 (and remember that the days don't have to be consecutive). Because, I assume, some Americans do spend 10 days at Disney (?). And, for those staying onsite, they should make it so that you can book the length of your stay.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 16, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

We have annual passes and whilst Xmas won't be so bad (we are onsite and need FP for 8 of our days there), next summer is going to be a nightmare as we are at Disney (probably onsite) for 3.5 weeks during July/August!

I understand the ruling due to locals possibly booking FP and not showing up, BUT I think that if you are staying onsite for 3 weeks that you should be able to book FPs for the duration as you would with a 21 day ticket. MDE links everything so 'knows' you are onsite.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 16, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread