Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 15 Feb 18, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Raggyavn
slightly serious Dibber

Discovery Cove with Foster Children

A bit of a long shot I know, but has anybody done Discovery Cove with Foster Children as I have a question I need answering.

Please feel free to PM if you don't want to go public.
Raggyavn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
addick1
Excited about Disney

Ive taken foster children before, whats the question. Happy for you to DM me if necessary
addick1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Raggyavn
slightly serious Dibber

I was after some information on how you solved the problem of the waiver.

Did the LA sign the waiver or were able to get a parent to sign it for you? and what documentation did you take with you to prove parental responsibility.
Raggyavn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

I can't directly answer your question but a friend is taking foster kids to the USA and I believe it is up to the LA but also depends on how involved parents are.(I was told a story where the kids were invited to a pony birthday party, and he had to contact the LA and get permission for them to to ride the ponies, the LA had to speak to the parents to ask them to sign permission forms, think the father wouldn't allow it, but they got the mother on her own who agreed) It may be best to speak to the LA as I believe they are quite fussy (rightly so) as each case is different.
Looking at your countdown we are going at the same time!
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Raggyavn
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Many thanks for your reply, luckily mum is involved but she hasn’t got a driving license or passport so I was kinda hoping the LA could sign the forms, but I know that will also bring further problems in proving all this to DC.

Agh well looks like I’ll be funding a driving license or a passport then.
Old 15 Feb 18, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
nickbeaan
Imagineer

not the same but we took my son's friend, got his mum to sign the waiver, handed it in at booking, they lost it at the meeting before the swim so just got us to sign another, as long as it's a responsible adult to sign it you should be ok
nickbeaan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Raggyavn
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by nickbeaan View Post
not the same but we took my son's friend, got his mum to sign the waiver, handed it in at booking, they lost it at the meeting before the swim so just got us to sign another, as long as it's a responsible adult to sign it you should be ok
Many thanks - At the moment I’m trying the dot all the i’s and cross all the t’s, I’m sure it’ll be “alright on the night” as the saying goes but it doesn’t stop me coming up with more questions that probably won’t need answering.
Old 16 Feb 18, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
addick1
Excited about Disney

Nobody is worried about who you are, they're not going to ask questions about why you have different surnames, normal families can have those. Just sign the waiver and they wont bat an eyelid. That said, you should have a letter from your local authority giving you permission to take them abroad. Take that if you are concerned and that will cover it.

Edited at 10:50 AM.
addick1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Raggyavn
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by addick1 View Post
Nobody is worried about who you are, they're not going to ask questions about why you have different surnames, normal families can have those. Just sign the waiver and they wont bat an eyelid. That said, you should have a letter from your local authority giving you permission to take them abroad. Take that if you are concerned and that will cover it.
The problem is we are the children’s Grandparents so it pretty obvious that we don’t meet the criteria listed on the DC website for what Florida state law considers to be a natural guardian.

I know it will probably OK but if I can do something now that will mean it will be definitely OK, then I’m willing to get what needs doing, done now.