Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 21 Feb 17, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
If it was on the table the cms have asked us if we wanted to take them , they would only be thrown anyway but I wouldn't go to the counter and take stuff . Character buffets especially get a bit manic so food does sit on plates then you can feel rushed to get off the table.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 17, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
wintersun
Apprentice Imagineer

wintersun's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 10
This will be our first time using the DDP, and we will not take food away. However on holiday in Salou recently our hotel had a buffet breakfast. We were amazed at the amount of food people took away. We wondered how one person would eat 6 apples at breakfast,then noticed they went in a bag. The best one was one woman who had ziplock bags inside a carrier bag. She came back with a bowl full of mixed nuts and she emptied the bowl into a ziplock bag. She then made a variety of sandwiches which went into the carrier bag along with fruit and pastries.
wintersun is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
However, when you go to a restaurant you have paid for what you eat while you are there. You wouldn't go to a Pizza Hut all you can eat buffet, eat 8 slices and take another 4 home with you. That would just be rude.
A good example and shows it is wrong

though when i was living in Sydney ( i backpacked around Asia and then Australia as a youngster, then settled in Sydney for 8 months ) i shared a house with other " settled travellers " ( they had backpacked then settled in Sydney ) every Sunday & Wednesday they would go to Pizza hut and have a Buffet, they would take sports bags / backpacks in with Tupperware and fill them with Pizza, Pasta and salad stuff, this would feed them all week, 8 AU$ ( about £4 at the time ) to feed them for the week, they all had a small fridge each and would store the food, even taking the Salad to work for the first 2 days

they all had decent enough jobs earning fairly good money, but the pizza hut buffet would mean more money for Beer
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 12:55 AM  
Link to this Post
PENELOPE
Imagineer

I would never dream of doing it, but my aunt did it when we took her to dlp many years ago. I was mortified and never took her again, she didn't take a little snack though, she made sandwiches, took croissants, fruit and tea bags. She even ate the olives off our pizzas that we got on our first night. She's just the same here, I avoid going anywhere with her that is buffet style.
PENELOPE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 02:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Crystaljordan
Serious Dibber

Staying club always makes me laugh, it's like there's no tomorrow for a few people, back pack frenzy at breakfast the other day, don't think the family would have needed to buy any food for a week, , although I did bring back my unfinished glass of red wine and a small plate of cheese to the room tonight to enjoy after my bath. , and children bring back their milk and cookies, (usually to many).
Crystaljordan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 02:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I don't think I could do this either as it would be quite embarrassing. I'm sure some people do, but I think it's taking the Michael. I think you're right to tell hubby no! he'll have to go without his snack pastries lol.
Reereef is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 02:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Mental Minnie
VIP Dibber

I have never did this, nor would I. On our first trip, the boys were small and on our first day after staying at the Contemporary we had breakfast at Chef Mickeys(OOP). The boys had a glass of orange juice and a muffin but didn't touch any of it because they were in such awe of the characters. Hubby and I couldn't eat anything because at the table beside us, there were 3 people at it and I am not exaggerating, there was at least 10 side plates of food on their table stacked high with pastries, muffins, meats, fruits and pancakes. I really was nearly sick. So that particular breakfast cost us a silly amount of money for a couple of glasses of juice. I am not keen of buffets because of this but if we do a buffet this year and I don't eat anything, I will certainly ask a CM can I take a drink and a pastry with me. In my hand, I will not fill a bag.
Old 22 Feb 17, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Hevfev
slightly serious Dibber

Hevfev's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I did it once but it was just 2 mini muffins my DS 2 couldn't eat. I would do it again, just a banana or an apple or something. I wouldn't fill tubs or bags though. Just the odd piece of fruit maybe.
Hevfev is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Gerddon
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Would have no problems doing this. If my eyes get bigger than my belly and I've items on my plate I can't finish they will just throw them out so why not.
Gerddon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
archibald
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mental Minnie View Post
Hubby and I couldn't eat anything because at the table beside us, there were 3 people at it and I am not exaggerating, there was at least 10 side plates of food on their table stacked high with pastries, muffins, meats, fruits and pancakes. I really was nearly sick.
I might be missing something here, but why would plates of food make you and your husband unable to eat? If you can't cope with seeing a large quantity of food, then buffets maybe shouldn't be on your agenda. How do you manage in a supermarket when people have full trolleys?
archibald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List