Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 22 Feb 17, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

No, it just isn't right, plus its unhygenic to have food carried around all day in the heat. I like to carry as little as possible in the parks, just couldn't be bothered with carrying extra food too.

I must own up that we had an ADR at BoG for lunch last Easter and both my husband and teenage daughter had tum bugs. My daughter still desperately wanted to go so we cancelled my husband's meal as he wasn't up to it and the 2 of us went. My DD picked at her beef roll but barely ate much, so we did take the roll with us and my daughter picked at a little more as we strolled around.

But I feel that was fine as the meal had been paid for and the roll would just have been binned. Food from a buffet is different.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

i took a few snackage items from cheyanne breakfast last year

sorry !
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
No, it just isn't right, plus its unhygenic to have food carried around all day in the heat. I like to carry as little as possible in the parks, just couldn't be bothered with carrying extra food too.

I must own up that we had an ADR at BoG for lunch last Easter and both my husband and teenage daughter had tum bugs. My daughter still desperately wanted to go so we cancelled my husband's meal as he wasn't up to it and the 2 of us went. My DD picked at her beef roll but barely ate much, so we did take the roll with us and my daughter picked at a little more as we strolled around.

But I feel that was fine as the meal had been paid for and the roll would just have been binned. Food from a buffet is different.
BOG isnt a buffet though is it, so you have paid for your Meal and have taken it away
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by matt987106 View Post
BOG isnt a buffet though is it, so you have paid for your Meal and have taken it away
Yes, thats why I did it. I wouldn't have taken buffet food. I probably wouldn't have taken it if my daughter hadn't been ill but she could only eat a little at a time.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 02:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Holidaylover19
VIP Dibber

Holidaylover19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
My Mum does this- it's embarrassing!
Holidaylover19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Dunc
Very Serious Dibber

I think a good rule to work by is this: if it's served to you, it's yours to do with as you wish (e.g. pastries served at BOG breakfast). I'm definitely ziplocking these when I go, because I know the hot meal will be enough. I've previously had doggy bags prepared by staff at places like Cali Grill for desserts (or mains) I couldn't finish.
I'd never do this at a buffet. If you're not eating it there and then, it's wrong.
Dunc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Ilivehereorland View Post
No you haven't paid for it. You've paid for what you can eat when you're on the premises, not to stock your pantry for a week.
Ha ha! Reminds me of an aunt at my first wedding... she brought a carrier bag along to fill up from the buffet. We were all gobsmacked!
Old 22 Feb 17, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
I think a good rule to work by is this: if it's served to you, it's yours to do with as you wish (e.g. pastries served at BOG breakfast). I'm definitely ziplocking these when I go, because I know the hot meal will be enough. I've previously had doggy bags prepared by staff at places like Cali Grill for desserts (or mains) I couldn't finish.
I'd never do this at a buffet. If you're not eating it there and then, it's wrong.
People do this on cruise ships too.
Old 22 Feb 17, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
The only times I've taken food away from a meal at WDW is from BOG breakfast and from California Grill brunch. BOG breakfast because there were about 3 pastries left (they had boxes they could give for this purpose when I was there). California Grill because I had overstuffed myself and then subsequently got given the platter of desserts that I couldn't finish - so they offered to box it up for me to bring away.

Similar to the above - I wouldn't take away food from a buffet unless it had been served to you...
Old 22 Feb 17, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
AnnieB
Imagineer

I think eating your fill and ALSO taking more for another meal later is naughty.

Maybe something small like a cookie you already had on your plate but were too full to manage is OK ...
AnnieB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List