Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 23 Feb 17, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
joeym
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
We had guests do this all sorted after a phone call but they had to wait 72 hours before reapplying
Same happened to me after a phone call to the American embassy they told Mr to re apply after 48 hours but we did get pulled up at immigration about this but all was sorted within half an hour 😳
Old 23 Feb 17, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
steruth
VIP Dibber

So glad you got it sorted and didnt have to get a visa.
They may have answered a different question , not sure what it was just know they had to get a visa.

Glad you are sorted anyway
Good luck
x
steruth is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Gusgusmummy
Imagineer

Gusgusmummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

That is good news ! Delighted to hear this
Gusgusmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Rufus1
Excited about Disney

How do I correct a mistake on my application?

The Web site will allow applicants to review and correct their data prior to submitting the application, including reconfirming the passport number. Prior to submitting an application with the required payment information, you can correct all application data fields except the passport number and passport issuing country. If an applicant made a mistake on their passport or biographical information he or she will need to submit a new application. The associated fee will be charged for each new application submitted. Any other mistakes may be corrected or updated by clicking “Check Individual Status” under “Check ESTA Status”. If the traveler made a mistake in answering the eligibility questions, please click on the CBP Info Center Link at the bottom of each page.
AKL& POR Riverside 2017
boardwalk and POR 2019
Rufus1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Rufus1
Excited about Disney

info from the CBP page

How do I correct a mistake on my ESTA application?

1. Information about your passport- such as the expiration date or passport number, biometric information (your name, date of birth, sex or country of citizenship) is incorrect.

The only way to correct that type of error is to reapply and pay for new ESTA. You should be able to make a new application if your previous application was approved. Just go into the application system and click on "Apply" button. You cannot use the update function to make a change on your passport or biometric information. If your previous application was approved, the system will not let you reapply until you close your browser after the first try. If you just applied, and are having difficulty changing something, try closing your connection to the Internet, and then opening it again. You might be told that an existing application is already in the system. If any biographic information in not correct, the application is not valid and you must click continue to proceed with the new application. Once you submit a new application, the old one will automatically be voided.

If for some reason, you are unable to reapply - even after closing and reopening your browser, click on the "Ask a Question" button on the right side of the screen, and submit the original application number, if you have it; the full name; passport number; date of birth of the applicant; contact phone number (including country code), as well as a description of what was entered incorrectly. We will review your application, and notify with next steps.

Beginning September 8, 2010, the associated fee* of $14 will be charged for each new application submitted.

2. Information about your email is wrong or has changed.

You may update your information through the "Update or Check Status" button. Your ESTA authorization is valid for two years or until your passport expires, whichever comes first, no matter whether or not any of this type of information changes. It is not required for you to provide us updates, but it is requested. There is no associated fees for updating an ESTA application.

3. You answered a question about your eligibility to travel to the U.S. under the visa waiver program incorrectly and were denied authorization as a result.

If you misunderstood the question, or thought something in your background was a reason to be denied and found out later that it was not, we advise you to contact us so we can review your answer. You should send us an email (see instructions below) explaining why you selected "yes" to that question, and asking for clarification on next steps.

If you discover that you are not eligible to come to the U.S. under the visa waiver program, because of a an arrest or conviction for a crime that resulted in serious damage to property, or serious harm to another person or govenment entity (such as fraud, or possession of narcotics), a violation of any law related to possessing, using, or distributing illegal drugs, or other reason, your only option is to apply for a visa. At that time your previous actions, along with your current situation will be assessed, and the embassy may determine that you are now eligible to come to the U.S. on a visitor or other type of visa. If you lie on your ESTA application and are able to board a plane because of the deception, when you arrive, you will be removed and banned from entering the U.S. for up to 5 years.

You can look here for a more detailed description of crimes involving moral turpitude (CIMT).

To email us about the eligibility portion of the application, please submit a question by clicking on the "Email us your Question" button from the current page at the top right column.

As of September 8, 2010, there is an ESTA application fee required by the Travel Promotion Act of 2009. The fee is comprised of two parts:
•Processing Charge: All applicants requesting an electronic travel authorization are charged for the processing of the application. The fee is $4.00.
•Authorization charge: If your application is approved and you receive authorization to travel to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program, an additional $10.00 will be charged to your credit card. If your electronic travel authorization is denied, you are only charged for the processing of your application. CBP is not responsible for any third party fees for the transaction.
AKL& POR Riverside 2017
boardwalk and POR 2019
Rufus1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Laura_<3
Imagineer

Laura_<3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 249
Mobile

Hope you got sorted!
Old 23 Feb 17, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Donegal_Guy
VIP Dibber

Donegal_Guy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Eventually after 2 sleepless nights and being out of pocket it's sorted and lessoned learned

Hi All,

Sorry I haven't been on sooner to fill you all in but I've only in the last 10 minutes put the ESTA issue to bed. To fill you in - about 9.30 last night I tried the site again and site maintainance was complete and given it was now more than 27 hours from my first attempt I tried again feeling confident after my email form CBP telling me to wait 24hrs and apply again. I filled the form and got 2 other members of the family to double check it for mistakes I sent it off. I gave it 10 minutes and it still showed awaiting authorization so I went and walked the dog. I came back and saw an email stating there had been a change in the status of my application so I excitedly checked the ESTA website and almost fainted when I saw "Authorization not given to Travel"... I almost cried.. after composing myself I sent another email to CBP asking what had happened and then to prepare myself for a possible US Embassy visit to Dublin - 4 hours away - I spent over an hour and a half filling out the DS-160 form. I decided against booking an appointment until this morning incase I heard anything back from CBP. At 7am I got and email from them with a 24hr number I could ring in Washington so I rang straight away and explained my case. The Lady I spoke with told me after 2 ESTA refusals I'd have no option but to apply for B2 visa. So I immediately went on to the US Embassy in Dublin's website and booked an appointment for next Thursday morning at 9.30 costing me €165.. I then rang my boss and booked the day off work. I got to work at 8.30 and at 8.58 I got an email from CBP stating that they'd changed my status to Authorized. I almost leapt for joy... After calming down I Realised i'd have to cancel the Appointment in Dublin. I managed to get speaking to someone just before I started typing this and the appointment can be cancelled but the €165 cannot be refund..So in summary a very costly mistake on my part but after two very restless nights i'm hoping i'll get some sleep tonight...
DLRP NEW YORK HOTEL 2009
DLRP DISNEYLAND HOTEL 2010
Glenbrook Resort Florida 2012
Glenbrook Resort Florida 2014
Glenbrook DIBB Villa Florida 2015
Glenbrook DIBB Villa Florida 2017
Glenbrook DIBB Villa Florida 2019
Hampton Lakes DIBB Villa 2022
Donegal_Guy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
dorsetmutley
Imagineer

Been following this, glad it is all sorted and by the way we have all made mistakes! Happy holiday
dorsetmutley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Glad you are sorted. Its easily done especially when doing a group. Have a great holiday x
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Glad that you got it sorted out.👍
Jedi Princess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread