Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 22 Feb 17, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Melvin Pearce
Imagineer

Melvin Pearce's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
As Mjspin said, Join up to their web site and you will get weekly vouchers to print off and use.

Their soups are lovely, so we always get a big plate of salad and then go straight to the soups.

Don't leave it too late to go there, they are normally closed not long after 9pm.

Enjoy

Melvin and Lesley
Old 23 Feb 17, 04:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Allaboutdisney View Post
I'm embarrassed to admit that we tried to go here once. We walked in the door and being honest had no idea what to do. There were no staff, no till near the entrance, just the long food bar in front of us. I therefore 'bottled it' and went to the steak house over the road instead so how does this place work, do you just go to an empty table and someone comes over? Do you pay at the start or end? I think I was expecting something like Golden Corral where you pay as you go in...
Us too lol, but luckily a helpful staff member got to us just in time and we enjoyed a meal there. Felt much healthier afterwards
Reereef is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

I read that in Southern California they call them Souplantation. May give them a try this year.
Old 23 Feb 17, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Allaboutdisney
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Mjspin View Post
You collect plates and trays for your party and help yourself to salad (assuming you want some). At the far end of the salad bar are cups for drinks (which you collect empty) and the till to pay. You then find somewhere to sit and can fill your drinks at the fountains. They serve standard coke products (inc. PowerAde) plus they have hot drinks and usually some amazing fruit teas. Just beyond the drinks are the hot counter and if you aren't having salad you could pay and go straight here I guess. They sell soups, pasta, jacket potatoes and lovely warm bread. I lurve the corn bread! For dessert they have ice cream, fruit and chocolate brownie normally. All this is part of a single fee for the food that you pay at the till upfront.
Hope that helps. Feel free to ask any other questions. Our family love this place and you can get some great discounts through their website.
Thanks so much for this, it sounds like I wasn't the only one who was a little unsure what to do. Next time I will definately go in though, you make the food sound very appealing.
Allaboutdisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

I am in the minority because I really don't get the hype of Sweet Tomatoes, to me it's nothing more than a fast food salad bar that has a couple of hot food offerings which I thought nothing special at all. Me and DH went in with my DD and her family, they like it and find it a welcome change from all the other restaurants . We thought it was more like a canteen ( think Taco Bell and macdonalds eat ins ) than a restaurant and DH was immediately put off when he watched a kid put their hands in the containers to grab what they wanted.
You walk through the door and straight into the salad bar no member of staff to greet you or explain the procedure but it's simply pile your plate up with as much salad as you want, right at the end of the salad bar is the till where you pay and once through that bit the seating area and the hot food counter.( chilli, baked potato, pizza, garlic bread ,soup, that type of thing )
Of course this is just my opinion and DD will kill me as they enjoy a visit or two there, me and DH usually opt for one of the restaurants close by instead but they talked us into trying it as we weren't very hungry that evening .i know it has a lot of good reviews on here but it just doesn't do it for me .
Here are some pictures from her trippy.

Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Lindaelaine, I thought it was just us! After all the rave reviews we tried it in the night we arrived from South Carolina and didn't want a big meal. Mum and I like salad and my DDs aren't fussy but none of us were impressed at all. The jacket potatoes were particularly poor and we kept feeling like the main dishes were missing. We also felt that the setup suggested you weren't meant to go back to the salad section either.

I was just pleased that my husband wasn't with us. He is an exceptionally healthy eater but would have wondered where the main courses were as well and wondered why I had suggested it.
Old 23 Feb 17, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
Lindaelaine, I thought it was just us! After all the rave reviews we tried it in the night we arrived from South Carolina and didn't want a big meal. Mum and I like salad and my DDs aren't fussy but none of us were impressed at all. The jacket potatoes were particularly poor and we kept feeling like the main dishes were missing. We also felt that the setup suggested you weren't meant to go back to the salad section either.

I was just pleased that my husband wasn't with us. He is an exceptionally healthy eater but would have wondered where the main courses were as well and wondered why I had suggested it.
I like salad too but I can only eat so much of it .i didn't care much for the ambience of the place either, I was expecting it to be more like a restaurant but it was like being in a fast food place with the constant clattering of trays and plastic tableware being cleared up while you were eating, not really my thing but there are many that love Sweet Tomatoes .
I just wonder if the hype of the place made me feel so disappointed in it .
Lindaelaine is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
I like salad too but I can only eat so much of it .i didn't care much for the ambience of the place either, I was expecting it to be more like a restaurant but it was like being in a fast food place with the constant clattering of trays and plastic tableware being cleared up while you were eating, not really my thing but there are many that love Sweet Tomatoes .
I just wonder if the hype of the place made me feel so disappointed in it .
I think you're fixating on Flo's fillet and lobster tail Linda.

Old 23 Feb 17, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post
I think you're fixating on Flo's fillet and lobster tail Linda.

Not even the thought of that on my plate as well could change my mind, I couldn't eat steak on a plastic plate
Old 23 Feb 17, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
Not even the thought of that on my plate as well could change my mind, I couldn't eat steak on a plastic plate
I knew you were classy.