Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 22 Feb 17, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Help deciding character meal

Hi

Coming up to ADR time and I am looking to book us a character meal. We are a couple and I don't think the other half is bothered so basically left for me to decide and convince him ha!

I last did a character meal 20 years ago as a 7 year old at chef mickeys and in MGM which I think was Aladdin and hunchback themed and still treasure the memories now!

So for our visit I would like to book a character meal with the 'traditional' characters - ideally specifically Minnie and Mickey and possibly daisy Donald goofy...

I have been looking at chef mickeys as it would be nostalgic for me but I remember not liking the food much (but I was only 7 and alot fussier!) Or from what I can see the other options would be tusker house cape may cafe or backyard bbq?

So basically what would you recommend and why? My other concern is if breakfast is worth it or best for dinner or even brunch? It pains me to think of the cost of breakfast and im not a big breakfast eater as id then want to spend the day sleeping and I'm all for getting my moneys worth!

And then is it worth it as a couple without kids would we still get the character interactions?

So many questions!
Any opinions welcome thanks!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We love chef mickeys and there is a lot of food choice. It's the perfect character meet tbh for us. Tusker house breakfast is lovely as are the characters. If you book a later breakfast they change to lunch around 11ish so you get a better choice as you get both . And yes the characters meet everyone and interact just the same. In CP last time a lady had all her piglet stuff on and had a ball with piglet when she met him. See turned 5 again in front of our eyes but it was magical
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 04:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Reereef
Imagineer

Reereef's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
For classic characters we love Tusker House breakfast.
Not keen fans of Chef Mickey's to be honest, although we've been four times for our DS.
Reereef is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
We personally love Tusker House at breakfast, the food choices are brilliant and the character interaction has always been good 😊
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Laura_<3
Imagineer

Laura_<3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 249
We love Tusker House for breakfast
Laura_<3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I would also recommend Tusker House. We would normally go for an early breakfast pre park opening at the start of the holiday when it feels like lunchtime anyway! The character interaction is still good for adults and a lot of it depends on how you interact with them. They do spend more time with kids but that's to be expected and I don't grudge it. Well except for the year we went with my cousin and her 5 year old and all the adults were ignored!
Breakfast is generally the cheapest but if you don't like eating that early you could always book a later breakfast slot. We're doing that this year as we're not starting at Disney so won't have the usual stupid o' clock start.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Another vote for Tusker House, so relaxed and fab character interaction and a wide variety of alternative foods due to the African theme! The sausage patties are amazing!
Old 23 Feb 17, 07:37 PM  
Link to this Post
elise
Imagineer

Mobile

How about Garden Grill at Epcot . We are giving that a try this time .
Old 23 Feb 17, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Thank you everyone!

I think I am going to try and get us a brunch slot at tusker house early on in the holiday and then possibly book chef mickeys for a dinner slot towards the end of the holiday and decide after tusker if we still want to go! I originally wanted California grill so could swap this for chef mickeys!

Old 23 Feb 17, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Oh no now I have read about Hollywood and vine and it looks like all 5 characters I want to meet will be there! I am assuming there will be a Halloween theme when we are there last 2 weeks in September? Anyone have any advice on wether it is better/worse than tusker and chef mickeys?