Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Apr 17, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
may
Apprentice Imagineer

may's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 10
You probably know this anyway and it may not suit your plans but universal hotels often have a stay more save more offer that drops the nightly rate significantly for longer stays. I think it's 5? nights. It might possibly be worth exploring.
may is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by may View Post
You probably know this anyway and it may not suit your plans but universal hotels often have a stay more save more offer that drops the nightly rate significantly for longer stays. I think it's 5? nights. It might possibly be worth exploring.
Thank you! I did consider this... Every time I have my considering things face on my husband gets nervous and grips his wallet a little tighter
Old 23 Apr 17, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
may
Apprentice Imagineer

may's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 10
Originally Posted by loola30 View Post
Thank you! I did consider this... Every time I have my considering things face on my husband gets nervous and grips his wallet a little tighter
LOL. That sounds like my face. It also sounds like my husband :-) It would be more expensive if you extended your trip over all but if you did a 9/5 yacht club RPR split it should be significantly cheaper :-)
may is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Can I ask where do you get the airmiles from, how do yousave so many without flying to accrue them
Jaspercat10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
bonjovikitten
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by may View Post
LOL. That sounds like my face. It also sounds like my husband :-) It would be more expensive if you extended your trip over all but if you did a 9/5 yacht club RPR split it should be significantly cheaper :-)

Yes we are doing split stay this year to keep costs down. We are 2 adults, 3 teens.

Cheap hotel first 2 nights (comfort suites) £127 in total includes breakfast

7 nights at Yacht Club with DDP and 14 day tickets £3700

Dibb Villa 7 nights £700 (includes late check out as hate not having anywhere to go on last day, always feel lost lol)

1 night at HRH club £350.

That first night think about a cheap hotel, you are spending £400 really just for the DDP and a bed. Wake up early nice and fresh and check into Disney.

Are you hiring a car? Obviously what I said above would have an impact if you are not.

Happy planning
March 2013 Rosen Inn Pointe Orlando & cruise
COLOR]
bonjovikitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

Good luck. Keep us updated. I'm planning on using my miles for miles + money next year. Patiently waiting for Tesco to do a miles boost. I do online surveys at e.rewards too. How do you collect yours?
Old 23 Apr 17, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
candycat75
Imagineer

candycat75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Good luck ! I'm hoping to go to the animal kingdom lodge next year for my birthday saving like mad but it's my dream to stay there!
Old 23 Apr 17, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Just in case it does make it a little cheaper... the stay and save at universal is 4 nights we managed to get that offer for November next year . Good luck!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We've paid £724 for 5 nights at RPR this August. 5 nights was cheaper than 4!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 17, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Jaspercat10 View Post
Can I ask where do you get the airmiles from, how do yousave so many without flying to accrue them
Since our reward flights last year we've got 263,395 saved between us.

It's broken down roughly as:

53,500 Virgin Credit Cards
119,500 American Express Gold Cards
86,000 Tesco Clubcard
3,000 Shops Away
1,500 E-Rewards

I have another 31,000 waiting in the wings with Tesco, pending Shops Away miles and the rest of my black credit card bonus. I can apply for another Amex card next month too, however, I am fastidious about paying off everything in full each month, always cancelling cards before any fees are due and running a very tight ship on the admin of it all!