Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Apr 17, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Topazcheal
Trying for More Ears

I've booked end of April beginning of May for 2adults 2children (one 17 so basically adult) for £1199 more then your Being quoted

POFQ with QSDP & Disney tickets, flying virgin

Edited at 08:36 AM.
Topazcheal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 17, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
jennieg2
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by legallyblonde View Post
We have booked 19th May 2018 for two weeks. Booked a package with virgin which includes direct economy flights from Manchester and 3 nights at hard rock hotel - this is classed as a package, so able to book flights early. The total cost of this is £3100 (the hotel alone is £950 if separated, so think this is a great deal). We have then booked Saratoga Springs for 11 nights with free Disney dining, memory maker, $200 gift card etc and tickets for £4380. There are 2 adults and 2 children. I think this is a good deal - £7480 for everything - will unlikely spend as much as have free dining. Just need to get universal tickets but looking at base tickets to Dave a. It if money as they are extortionate compared to last year!
Ooh do,you mind me asking how you booked this - did you call them or go in store? I'm looking at doing the same but didn't realise I could get a package with just a few nights hotel?
Old 24 Apr 17, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

We booked our April 18 flight in feb £379 each with Thomas Cook (school hols for us)

Will be booked ssr soon £2277 for 1 bed 7 nights

Then villa for second week was £610

So booking early (ish) isn't always more.

Definitely look at booking it seperalty yourself
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 17, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tink 45 View Post
Ah well that's not too bad for us, yours is a lot to pull out on your own! It is always worth it no matter the cost! Thanks for your reply! X
You're welcome! My last visit was in 1997 - I've been meaning to go back before but 'life' kept getting in the way! Anyway I finally decided on September next year so I've got a good while to save up for it Thank goodness for free dining! (Or upgraded dining in my case but £196 for the upgrade is great, considering how much I'd spend on food o.o.p )
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 17, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tink 45 View Post
Been looking for 2018 and have been quite astounded at the prices. Up to now have just looked at packages, Thomson, Thomas Cook, Virgin etc. just for DH and myself we'd be looking at £5000, inc car. This is much more than we paid for 3 weeks last year! Anyone managed to bag a bargain? Flying with who, accommodation with who?
Thanks Dibbers X
It definitely is. Theres a thread here about it...

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...1019066&page=4
Old 24 Apr 17, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post

Hello,

Me and my partner are going to Florida in May 2018 for 2 weeks for our Honeymoon. Cant wait! We're staying at the Sheraton Vistana Villages on I-Drive and flying with Thomas Cook with premium economy flights. £3300 for the both of us which I think is a fantastic deal. (still need to get Disney/Universal tickets). Booked the hotel through loveholidays.com and the flights direct through Thomas Cook.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 17, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post

We are three adults, ( 19 yd old teenager in tow ) and our November 2018 at WL is approx £5000 and that's with free DDP ( DDP would have cost us just over £2000 ) That's excluding flights...The resort in 2016 was about £300 cheaper for the 14 days, that was October last year..And the 14 day tickets are £300 dearer for the three of us...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 17, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by bentheben View Post
Hello,

Me and my partner are going to Florida in May 2018 for 2 weeks for our Honeymoon. Cant wait! We're staying at the Sheraton Vistana Villages on I-Drive and flying with Thomas Cook with premium economy flights. £3300 for the both of us which I think is a fantastic deal. (still need to get Disney/Universal tickets). Booked the hotel through loveholidays.com and the flights direct through Thomas Cook.
We have stayed their three times, lovely resort. If you have any questions let me know xx
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 17, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
legallyblonde
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Jennieg2, I rang them up and did it all over the phone as it doesn't allow you to do this online. I didn't realise this was a package either! We didn't want the car though so just booked flights and those 3 nights and Disney separately. I know people say that booking flydrive is more expensive, but on this occasion I don't think it is or there won't be much in it. We went last October and paid more booking at 11 months out than we would've done if we booked flydrive before release, but these things are never predictable. Just book when you see a price that you are happy with and never recheck! Lol
legallyblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Apr 17, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
jennieg2
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by legallyblonde View Post
Jennieg2, I rang them up and did it all over the phone as it doesn't allow you to do this online. I didn't realise this was a package either! We didn't want the car though so just booked flights and those 3 nights and Disney separately. I know people say that booking flydrive is more expensive, but on this occasion I don't think it is or there won't be much in it. We went last October and paid more booking at 11 months out than we would've done if we booked flydrive before release, but these things are never predictable. Just book when you see a price that you are happy with and never recheck! Lol
That's fab! Thank you, I'll give this a go tomorrow. Totally agree with you about never checking back on the price! X