Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Apr 17, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
penguin19
Imagineer

penguin19's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

We did it for our honeymoon. 3 days in New York and 11 in Orlando.

We were shattered by the end, but had a great time. We saw so much in NYC. We fly with Virgin both their and back... booked via Delta then did internal with Delta

DCL - 19,21,21,22,23,23
penguin19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 17, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs sun
Imagineer

No way would i enjoy this ! After 5 fantastic holidays in Florida mostly 3 weeks ! We went to NYC for 7 nights and it was absolutly making ! We were going to split like you but didn't and waited until we could do it on its own !
I absolutely honestly can recomend you do NYC separately ! You must do a night at Yankees stadium if the baseball is on ! Certainly not my choice of. A night out I can tell you that ! But after doing it can honestly say it was totally absolutly fantastic ! As good as my first night at magic kingdom!
Please please do it, a really cheap night out but great !
Mrs sun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 17, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerMom
Apprentice Imagineer

We are doing NY, Orlando and then Rotonda in September as a 30th wedding anniversary treat to ourselves. Nearly all with Virgin but internal flights with JetBlue and Hyatt in NY through DHs Hyatt Premier account. We can't wait.
TigerMom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 17, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
smudgester
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by FamilyGWales View Post
I am citing BA as I find the multi-city option easy there, you just choose your start point (Orlando) - and your destination eg London and it gives you all the options. We tend to just go for the cheapest.
I am looking at the "multi-city/stopovers" screen on the BA site and it looks like to have to fill each leg of the journey myself rather than just put in a start and final destination ?

Edited at 10:43 PM.
smudgester is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 17, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by smudgester View Post
I am looking at the "multi-city/stopovers" screen on the BA site and it looks like to have to fill in all the flight details myself rather than just put in a start and final destination ?
Go to the BA site and on the home page instead of picking on flights pick on customise your trip tab near the bottom. This allows you to choose the different components of your trip.

Kids ages are ages on departure !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 17, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Sorry should have said on the flights box of the first page of the customise your trip section click multi centre.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 17, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
plitten
Getting Excited

We have done this twice; once staying in orlando first and ending in New York and the last time staying in New York first then heading down to Orlando. We much preferred staying in New York first as We got much more sightseeing done and enjoyed pounding the streets when we were fresh at the start of the holiday. For the last time we got a return New York/manchester with thomas cook for around 620 and then got a return internal flight with jetblue (which was fantastic) down to Tampa for around 150.
plitten is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 17, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
julie42
Dibbing with Tink

julie42's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We have just booked this morning as a surprise for DS and DD 18th & 21st birthday.
Manchester to New York with Virgin premium economy £620 pp ... 3-16 sept. We will stay 4 nights in NY, and book domestic return flight to Orlando, and spend 9 nights there...using our DVC points and then our last night in a Universal hotel and go to the Halloween Horror night on our last night!
Better start doing some overtime at work!
Old 29 Apr 17, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs dee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by julie42 View Post
We have just booked this morning as a surprise for DS and DD 18th & 21st birthday.
Manchester to New York with Virgin premium economy £620 pp ... 3-16 sept. We will stay 4 nights in NY, and book domestic return flight to Orlando, and spend 9 nights there...using our DVC points and then our last night in a Universal hotel and go to the Halloween Horror night on our last night!
Better start doing some overtime at work!
Awww amazing 😍
And too many canary/Balearic island visits to list
Mrs dee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 17, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyNikki
slightly serious Dibber

We did...

Man to JKF

2 nights NY (stayed Sailsbury Hotel a rooms sleep 6 and next to Central Park)

JFK to ORL (cheap internal flight)

4 nights in Orlando (1 day/ night in each Disney park with the afternoons in Disney water parks using MYW tickets)

Drive to Cape Canaveral for 1 night

7 nights on Carnival Cruise

Drive from Port Canaveral to ORL for flight home.

Amazing holiday.
DisneyNikki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List