Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 May 17, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by MJG View Post
Hello all,

My family and i will be flying to Orlando MCO from Manchester in June and it will be the first time that we have flown into MCO we have always landed at Sanford, so i have a couple of questions if anybody can answer.

We have booked a package holiday through Thomas Cook which includes a Villa, so my question is are there Thomas Cook reps inside the airport and if so where will they be located?

Do they provide you with a key code for the lock box at the Villa or do they just provide you with directions to American sunshine vacation homes which they use as their agent?

I've spoken to Thomas Cook in person and through their website but nobody was able to give me a clear answer so i thought perhaps there was someone who has gone through the process first hand might have an idea.

Thanks in advance.
Last time we did the second bag drop at MCO and the reps where all standing just next to that.

MCO is a fab airport but it can be confusing for first timers.

Its all about Side A and Side B and Floors 1, 2 & 3 and then knowing where you are - and where you need to be.

The planes land at 1 of 4 terminals, you do immigration and then collect your luggage. Then customs - if you have food, declare it and then you choose to drop your luggage again (and then collect it in the main terminal) or carry it up the stairs to the train.

you take a little train to the main airport building.

With TC you arrive at Side B (gates in the 90s I think (top right of map below)) on the 3rd floor then you need to know where to meet the Reps or where the Villa companies desk is.

eg for me we arrive with TC floor 3 side B - and we go on DME so that's on Side B floor 1 - so we just need to go down two floors.

The second baggage collection was in the concourse in the direction of the DME desk on floor 1.

Hope this helps!

2024 Early Booker Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 17, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post

Thank you for your response, any information is appreciated.

When you mention that you pick your luggage up before arriving at the main terminal does that mean you have your checked in luggage with you on the Monorail?

With regards to the food you have to declare is that in reference to all food or just meat, fish and poultry?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 17, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

When you mention that you pick your luggage up before arriving at the main terminal does that mean you have your checked in luggage with you on the Monorail?

With regards to the food you have to declare is that in reference to all food or just meat, fish and poultry?
Yes you have all your luggage on the monorail it is all standing so easy to stand with your cases.

I think you have to declare all food.
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 17, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

You can either drop the bags at the bottom of the stairs then go on the train bagless and meet up with them at the bag collection in the main terminal... or carry you bags if you can up the stairs and on to the train. It's your choice. We usually have too much stuff to carry car seats etc but this year we are travelling light!

You declare any food substance. They do a quick check and you are on your way. If you don't declare it and they do a random check they wont be happy!
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 17, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post

ALL food must be declared. Besides meat you can't bring dairy, fresh fruit or seeds.
Old 21 May 17, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
electo
Imagineer

just booked with thomas cook for feb 2018 and i fly out on virgin Atlantic
2012/16/18 rosen inn at pointe orlando
2024 storey lake villa
electo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFairy
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm flying 11/8/2017 from Manchester with TC. How do I find out which aircraft I'm on please?

Personally I don't think I'm bothered if we don't have seat back IFE but the rest of the family like theirs. I'm happy reading 😀.
Thought I'd better check so they can be prepared!

Thank you lovely dibbers

Xx Ff xX
FloridaFairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 17, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Yes did that route last year. We rather Thomas Cook to any other airline,more legroom and planes always look cleaner. Flew BA last month not a patch on TC.
Old 22 May 17, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you for that, we don't bring any food with us apart from sweets we buy for the flight.

Not to sound stupid but if we picked up the suitcases to take with us are there only stairs or are there escalators as well?

We fly out in 38 days so we should get an information pack from TC soon but its been great to ask questions about the small details.
Old 22 May 17, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Thank you for that, we don't bring any food with us apart from sweets we buy for the flight.

Not to sound stupid but if we picked up the suitcases to take with us are there only stairs or are there escalators as well?

We fly out in 38 days so we should get an information pack from TC soon but its been great to ask questions about the small details.
No

theres a special assistance lift.

But its really down to can you carry all your stuff up the stairs.

In past years we have had prams and car seats so we just plodded thru and didn't mind the second bag drop.

This year we are taking the train to Manchester so need to be able to manage all our stuff and only going for 2 weeks so packing light!

2024 Early Booker Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077