Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Jun 17, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by loulou76 View Post
I am also in a similar dilemma...my daughter was approved and mine was denied-we have previously had 3 ESTA's. Upon investigating i had chosen "yes" when answering do I wish to engage in terrorist activity? ! Obviously a mistake! I mean would a terrorist seriously answer yes? Some of the questions are very strange in my opinion. Anyhow I emailed and am eagerly anticipating an answer. My trip is August
Unfortunately is happens a lot, one little finger slip, this why myself and several others keep banging on about doing your Estas well in advance and I mean months, preferably before any non refundable money is paid out. I sincerely hope they will allow you to reapply as your chances of getting a Visa appointment and approval in 42 days are virtually nil. Lots of luck to you.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucyjane45xxx
Imagineer

Mobile

Please, please, please people listen to this forum when it is said that ESTAs should be done before the holiday is booked or at least before non-refundable money is paid. In relation to the cost of a holiday you ESTA is nothing! Even if you end up doing it a year in advance and then only getting one trip out of it, it's worth it. I would much rather pay for an extra esta than lose all the money I had paid! 40 days until you go is definitely cutting it too close.
I hope you get sorted but please next time sort it sooner!
"The Superfan & The Skeptic" - Trip Report Index Here
Lucyjane45xxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 17, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lucyjane45xxx View Post
Please, please, please people listen to this forum when it is said that ESTAs should be done before the holiday is booked or at least before non-refundable money is paid. In relation to the cost of a holiday you ESTA is nothing! Even if you end up doing it a year in advance and then only getting one trip out of it, it's worth it. I would much rather pay for an extra esta than lose all the money I had paid! 40 days until you go is definitely cutting it too close.
I so agree with this. I booked my trip in April for September 2018 and I did my ESTA as soon as I'd received confirmation from Disney. I'd only paid £50 deposit and didn't want to pay any more until my ESTA had been approved. I may be going to Disneyland in California in September 2019 and will need another ESTA. But I'd rather pay that $14 again instead of risking losing thousands of pounds.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 17, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Lucy

If I had £1 for every time that I've posted that advice on here since January 2009 I'd be flying UC every year for free

Unfortunately though, although "when should I apply for my ESTA" is asked weekly on here, not everyone reads them until it's too late. The question is also posted by newcomers who probably don't search and have no idea that it's a regular question.

"Old timers" like me can only keep banging on and hope that it sticks

Mick
Old 29 Jun 17, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Lucyjane45xxx
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Lucy

If I had £1 for every time that I've posted that advice on here since January 2009 I'd be flying UC every year for free

Unfortunately though, although "when should I apply for my ESTA" is asked weekly on here, not everyone reads them until it's too late. The question is also posted by newcomers who probably don't search and have no idea that it's a regular question.

"Old timers" like me can only keep banging on and hope that it sticks

Mick
I know Mick, and I really do despair especially when I see people strategising to leave the application last minute so they can get two trips out of it. What if it gets declined and you lose all that money as travel insurance won't cover it!

I did my esta in April last year before I booked my trip for May this year. We are contemplating going in October 2018, so I knew that my esta would be expired, so I have already paid for our new estas for october 2018 because we have put a deposit through disney. What is $14 in the scheme of a full disney holiday!
"The Superfan & The Skeptic" - Trip Report Index Here
Lucyjane45xxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 17, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
I know Mick, and I really do despair especially when I see people strategising to leave the application last minute so they can get two trips out of it. What if it gets declined and you lose all that money as travel insurance won't cover it!

I did my esta in April last year before I booked my trip for May this year. We are contemplating going in October 2018, so I knew that my esta would be expired, so I have already paid for our new estas for october 2018 because we have put a deposit through disney. What is $14 in the scheme of a full disney holiday!
Lucy

I'm truly amazed with the number of people who say on here that "we got one OK last time - we're bound to be OK next time so I won't bother until the week before" Have they not addressed the risk of their names being similar to ones on a "no-fly list" since they last got an ESTA?

Or the few thousand people who were refused ESTAs because of the software debacle at SFB a few years ago.

We've had constant live ESTAs since Jan 2009. You never know when the Premium Bonds drop £25,000 into our bank account and, as pensioners, we can pack and go tomorrow

Mick
Old 29 Jun 17, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Unicorn13x
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I had our holiday book before I applied as travel agent said we needed to be booked first so address of hotel could be given. When it's your first time you believe them, then you come to a forum like this and find out its not true. Thanks for all the great advice you give out 😃
Unicorn13x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 17, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Unicorn13x View Post
I had our holiday book before I applied as travel agent said we needed to be booked first so address of hotel could be given. When it's your first time you believe them, then you come to a forum like this and find out its not true. Thanks for all the great advice you give out 😃
I bet that the TA also told you that you need 6 months grace on your passport as well :angry:

Mick
Old 29 Jun 17, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Unicorn13x
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
I bet that the TA also told you that you need 6 months grace on your passport as well :angry:

Mick
Yip so got hubby a new passport 😑
Unicorn13x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 17, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Unicorn13x View Post
Yip so got hubby a new passport 😑
Let me try for three out of three

Nobody takes traveller's cheques in Florida now.

But we do have this fancy card that you can load $$ on to. We might make a bit of commission on it but that's not why we offer it - honest :angry:

Mick