Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Jun 17, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyNikki View Post
I'm finding the older I get the more I will pay for a bit of comfort but I'm a bargain hunter so it would still have to be a good deal.

My Dad calls me champagne ideas on ginger beer money
Haha yes that's me too
Old 28 Jun 17, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by thefourDs View Post
No we don't upgrade anything!
Ditto

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzzy
Very Serious Dibber

dizzzy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We've upgraded some things this time but they're all things which will help my daughter who suffers with anxiety.

We've gone for lounge access at the airport (which includes quick queue for security), HRH for one night to give us the folp, a cabana at Discovery Cove and a happily ever after cruise. If we could afford it I'd also upgrade our flight to business class but the extra cost for 6 of us is ridiculous.
dizzzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Bayshore
Imagineer

Bayshore's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 5
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Just to say that I'm not questioning anyones choices, just funny how the last few years there are SO many options and upgrades and decisions to make, for what should be a simple enough holiday.

dizzzy - there are 6 of us going this year and the costs are eye watering. Even looking at adding the Orlando Eye trio and that alone was prohibitive.

Edited at 07:25 PM.
Bayshore is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
disney babe
VIP Dibber

we get extra leg room on way home to allow us a bit sleep to help with the jet lag, used to book deluxe hotel at Disney for 5 of us as was cheaper than mod with upgraded DDP, now theres only 3 of us we do mod with upgraded DDP as we like a sit down meal. we always stay onsite at universal for FOLP, we have don it in the past without all these things when kids were younger but since we discovered the dibb and all the diferent extras we didn't know about before we now have a completely different holiday for the better and wouldn't do it any other way. we now pay less DIY per person than we paid in 2003 when we first took the kids with a package staying on I drive with no extras.
I. Drive july 92,DLP 98,99, 02, 04, comfort suites sept 03, southern dunes july 06, westridge july 09, RPR, orange tree, OKW july 12, chatham park, OKW oct 13, RPR, polo park east, AKL, july 14, CBBR, HRH, CBR, disney dream, BCV oct 15, La, Vegas, SF July 16, new york, GFV, CBR, BCV july 17, Miami, Rosen inn, CBBR july 18, LV, Anaheim Oct 18, rosen inn, aventura dec 18, Fl keys, AoA, portofino bay july 19, mirage LV oct 19, rosen inn, pop dec 19, POP, Rosen Inn, POFQ aug 22
disney babe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 07:24 PM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

I think I'm in the ginger beer club too. I like a bit of comfort but I like a bit of a bargain too. We've been a bit more extravagant this year as we're celebrating our silver wedding anniversary but it'll be back to my thrifty ways for next year. Things I'd never pay for are lounge access (free is fine ), dessert parties or swimming with dolphins, but each to his own of course.
Old 28 Jun 17, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

This holiday is and upgrade for us, we normally get a bronze caravan down in Devon, flying in the air and stuff it's pure crazy!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Lilyrose
Apprentice Imagineer

Onsite hotel is the only "upgrade" we've done, but for the length of time we're in Disney the costs of the hotel with free QSDP and not needing a car worked out about the same as hotel/villa plus food plus car plus parking so it wasn't really an upgrade.

I'd only upgrade flights if we could comfortably afford it and it wasn't a case of that or something else. I too would rather spend the money on holiday experiences rather than flights.

Most other things I'm unlikely to pay extra for unless I find a real bargain.
Old 28 Jun 17, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
BigKidUK
Excited about Disney

Its fascinating isn't it?! We do like to 'do it in style' where possible, but we are firmly in the camp that we would never pay more than we have to for flights as we are only on the plane for x hours, so it seems such a waste of money... we will spend on staying in a 'nice' hotel/ club level, as the benefit of the extra cost lasts for days/ weeks so for us represents far better 'value for money'! However, I am also an out and out bargain hunter and the challenge is always there to get the very best for the lowest price possible too...Probably helps that we are not a very tall family though, so flying economy is liveable with
Old 28 Jun 17, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Somewhere in the middle for us.
Meet and greet parking
Happy with Economy seats
V-room but only if we get it free.
Onsite at Disney but isn't a deal breaker.
Have to stay at HRH though for the express passes !
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List