Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 28 Aug 17, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Hil
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by rsvdaz View Post
My dates were 27th July till 16th August
Ah, ok, thanks!

I just remembered the original post (on the first part of this thread) about the Cardiff deal was something like 02 - 16 August, and didn't realise others had the same deal for earlier dates.
Hil is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 17, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Hil View Post
Sorry if this is just me being completely dim, but how do you search in Opodo for flights for next August? When I tried, it just told me the dates were invalid and only gave up to July 2018 as an option?

The dates in the Cardiff deal mentioned yesterday are too early for DD and SIL anyway, but I want to know how to find them if they ever come up again!
Your dates may be a little too early for searching depending on your search criteria, most flights don't come out until 11 months before departure so early August departures on wards may not be released until early September.

Edited at 09:28 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 17, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
rsvdaz
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by CosmicGirl View Post
If leaving from Cardiff suits you, or you're willing to go there to catch the first leg, you could also contact a real TA and ask them to issue a ticket with a train journey to Gatwick instead of Heathrow. According to the TA part of the Accessrail website this should be possible.
I might just have to that. Looking at the national express website the Cardiff coach arrives at Heathrow at 7.30 and a coach leaves to Gatwick at 7.40 but if you plan it from Cardiff leaving at 4.15 it says the connecting coach is at 9.10 which gets in half hour before flight leaves.

I've raised this with access rail mainly that there is a gap in their itinerary (Heathrow-Gatwick). - I know it will take about 90 mins using public transport.

I've also called BA - unfortunately it's an overseas call centre and they was adamant it's a flight between Cardiff to Heathrow and we must take all legs.

My thinking now is to check in online 24 hours before and go to twilight bag drop stop overnight in Gatwick and just head through security in the morning
rsvdaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 17, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
CosmicGirl
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by rsvdaz View Post
I might just have to that. Looking at the national express website the Cardiff coach arrives at Heathrow at 7.30 and a coach leaves to Gatwick at 7.40 but if you plan it from Cardiff leaving at 4.15 it says the connecting coach is at 9.10 which gets in half hour before flight leaves.

I've raised this with access rail mainly that there is a gap in their itinerary (Heathrow-Gatwick). - I know it will take about 90 mins using public transport.

I've also called BA - unfortunately it's an overseas call centre and they was adamant it's a flight between Cardiff to Heathrow and we must take all legs.

My thinking now is to check in online 24 hours before and go to twilight bag drop stop overnight in Gatwick and just head through security in the morning
You could also just book the coach from Heathrow to Gatwick separately. I believe they run every (15-20) correction, make that 30-40 minutes and if you book in advance it's not that expensive.

Edited at 09:37 AM.
CosmicGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 17, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Bee happy
VIP Dibber

Bee happy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Warkman58 View Post
The problem with putting "following" is that the actual posts get lost in pages of just one word posts.
Means no one can find actual glitch posts
Yes this is what I was thinking,I keep getting notification of new posts and am getting excited its a deal and it isn't lol
Old 28 Aug 17, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
missymouse
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Off2Florida2016 View Post
Seems to be a fair few reasonable prices into Miami at the moment

Living in Brum I am quite tempted by
28/7 - 16/08
BHX-FRA-MIA Lufthansa
£463
On the A380 too which I'd like to experience and I won't have to overnight in Manchester or London and no drive home afterwards.

Going to hang on in the hope of a BA sale though.
I'm tempted by these too but think I'm going to do the same and hang in for the BA sale...just keeping my fingers crossed it happens!
missymouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 17, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
PixieBoot
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by missymouse View Post
I'm tempted by these too but think I'm going to do the same and hang in for the BA sale...just keeping my fingers crossed it happens!
I saw these too; we're in Cov so brum flights would be ace, but noticed the sub 2 hr layover in Frankfurt. I'd be mega stressed at possibility of delays etc.

Oct 2003 couples hol Kissimmee > WDW, Universal, Seaworld, Busch, Daytona

Jul 2015 Family of 5 Kissimmee/RPR Club > Universal, Wet n Wild, Kennedy SC, WDW

Aug 2018 Family if 5 AMI/RPR Club/Kissimmee > Universal, VBay, WDW

Hopeful for Jul 2021 > RPR Club/Y Club
PixieBoot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 17, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by PixieBoot View Post
I saw these too; we're in Cov so brum flights would be ace, but noticed the sub 2 hr layover in Frankfurt. I'd be mega stressed at possibility of delays etc.
over £80 pp seat reservation too if you want seats on all 4 legs, over £500 just for seats for us.

Could probably go the BHX-FRA and return without seat reservations though which would make it around £60pp

Long layover on the way back too.

Edited at 11:53 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 17, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
holidaysaver75
Imagineer

Fingers poised over the Cardiff glitch button. Have been able to move the villa. But something's stopping me! I think it's the bad reviews online for Opodo. Anyone in the same boat?
holidaysaver75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 17, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
ILoveDaveLamb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PixieBoot View Post
If the layover is the only thank that is worrying you, don't be too worried. Thye are set up really well for connecting flights. It's a massive hub.

Here is my thread from last year.

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...ferrerid=36206