Notices

Old 1 Oct 17, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Gatecrashing Mick and Joan - Pre-Trip Report

Well, I didn’t think I’d be posting in this section again for a while!

I happened to notice that I’d got quite a lot of annual leave left to take before March. I have the delightful job of doing the rotas at work and also noticed I could sneak a week off in November when there was no one else off. So, that would be nice a week off work with nothing to do.

Then, last Saturday I was at Mum and Dads for a cup of tea and we were chatting about their upcoming holiday... ‘When do you go?’ says I, ‘10th November’ says Dad. ‘ooh’ says I ‘I could come out for a week to join you’... I was half joking, thinking it would be really nice but could I go and leave the rest of my family at home?

When I got home and mentioned it to Andy he said go for it (he’s a goodun!) I pondered for a while thinking it would be really nice to spend a week relaxing at the villa with mum and dad but on the other hand thinking I can’t be such a mean wife and Mum and leave Andy and the boys at home. However, that didn’t stop me checking out flight prices!

The deliberating continued this week, the rota was confirmed and on Thursday night I had another look at flights, messaged Andy to tell him how much they were, he said go for it, so I did!

I booked through skyscanners, a Virgin flight from Manchester to Orlando. Flying out Saturday 18th November and returning on Delta a week later. It’s been a while since I’ve flown Virgin and have never flown Delta so I hope they’re ok!

The plan was that Andy would drive me up to Manchester and then obviously drive home but we’ve decided to stay overnight on the Friday night and have booked the Premier Inn, Handford which is where we stayed the night before our last flight and it was very nice.
I’ve booked the non refundable tariff which was £35 per night.

So I shall gatecrash Mum and Dad’s accommodation which is the same lovely villa we stayed in last year. I have a choice of three bedrooms and two bathrooms (but not the master Mum says ).

So the cast for this week will be

Me, Emma, I think this will be my 11th trip to Florida

and Mum and Dad (Mick (& Joan)) possibly on trip 6052?

The plan for the week will be mainly eating and shopping I reckon. There will be no parks which is absolutely fine and I am looking forward to visiting my favourite mall (Mall @ Millennia), and stocking up here...

my favourite Starbucks (Celebration), eating lots of my favourite food (steak) and sitting here (minus the child with the hose!).
Old 1 Oct 17, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Ah brilliant , don't let your mum go to bbw without you . Have a lovely time and your mum and dad are lovely 😊
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 17, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post

I agree,your Mum and Dad are lovely. You need a new countdown Emma! We're staying on Highgate Park again in December.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 17, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
Ah brilliant , don't let your mum go to bbw without you . Have a lovely time and your mum and dad are lovely 😊
Originally Posted by Scotsmomma View Post
I agree,your Mum and Dad are lovely. You need a new countdown Emma! We're staying on Highgate Park again in December.
That's very kind of you both but we did feel a bit bad when we told Emma that the master suite was already booked.

Mick
Old 1 Oct 17, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mick View Post
That's very kind of you both but we did feel a bit bad when we told Emma that the master suite was already booked.

Mick
I bet you did have a lovely holiday x
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 17, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Mick
It's a given Mick...Sandra's master is mine too!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 17, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

How wonderful, I think unexpected holidays are just the best. Not long to go, I hope you all have a great time-I used to love having a holiday with my mam & dad, as an adult!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 17, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Oh yes Emma! Can't wait for this x
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 17, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Mobile

Mick
But not for very long, I hope?
caj is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 17, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by caj View Post
But not for very long, I hope?
I'll get over it - given time.