Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Oct 17, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by willmatt View Post
Why would they call them for a reference?
Character reference, disciplinary record at work ?
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 17, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Most Police Forces will only confirm the person is an employee or in this case a volunteer. They never give a character reference and certainly won't comment on a persons suitability for any role.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 17, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by willmatt View Post
Why would they call them for a reference?
Character reference, disciplinary record at work ?
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 17, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

If the OP is willing to wait a few years, most states have a provision to annul old criminal records if someone has had no further issues. In my state it's seven years. You would probably need to contact a lawyer in the state the offense occurred to represent you. I have had clients do it pro se, it is relatively easy but as I said the wait may be a few years. Also if the OP was convicted of a felony assault it is not an option.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 17, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

As B2 visa holders we've experienced profiling. When one applies for US visa their signature allows the US to make investigations at will. Understandably the US want definitive information afore granting relative unknowns a visa. From experience, they will/do go through applications with a fine tooth comb and will make enquiries.

Reading naïve comments that the US Embassy/TSA/DHS have no UK teeth, 'they won't know, they're not allowed access to know', raises an eyebrow. Don't assume our Data Protection Act offers you unlimited protection, especially when we're in a world where people appear happy to scatter personal details around the globe, if the US need more info, be it down and dirty or clean living folk, they'll find it, there's a myriad of available info on thousands of forums/social networking, don't kid oneself they're not watching, reading and collating, they are.
Old 29 Oct 17, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Got to agree with ChrisS. The USA may not have access to criminal records in this country but there are very few court cases that are not reported in the newspapers be it local or national.
Old 29 Oct 17, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Most Police Forces will only confirm the person is an employee or in this case a volunteer. They never give a character reference and certainly won't comment on a persons suitability for any role.
Tom is right they dont give references. When i retired all i could get was a certificate saying how long i worked there.
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 17, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
My point was a little more UK centric as in if they call his employer in the UK and he hasn't told them about the incident they may question him about why the US authorities called them

So more related to is a holiday worth screwing up his UK employment if he hasn't mentioned the issue to them previously

Edited at 09:19 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 17, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I wouldn't be booking anything yet.. its likely after your embassy interview your application will be sent off to the homeland security and that can take 6-9 months to process.

I would be fairly surprised if you got a visa though given the whole point is they don't want people who could cause issues over there and that's exactly what your crime was.
daytonababe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 17, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

I thought that when you went for a visa interview, yiungad to take a of your criminal record?
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List