Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 21 Feb 18, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Welshjim22
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Nothing more than a money making scam. Fixed price expensive menu. Put up the prices for an already popular restaurant. We are going in May no starter cheap mains and will still be around $150 with tip. No way am i paying $35 for my daughters meal when most kid meals off site are about $8.
Welshjim22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Mobile

I maybe in the minority but I think the menu looks nice and prices are not as bad as I thought they might be. You can pay $50 for a single course at some signatures like Jiko and a buffet at ohanas can be up to $45. So 3 courses for $55 in the middle of MK isn’t too bad. We had dinner here in 2015 and I wasn’t massively impressed with the food so if that improves, we might look at it again in the future.
Old 21 Feb 18, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Ha ha, so predictable. I now dine in room (DVC), off site, more quick service with a few choice restaurants picked for good quality to price ratio (a relative term).
Last time I went to Narcoosees it cost us $100 a head, service was borderline surly, food better side of average only.
Starting at 55 a head (price inflated to make DDP appear better value) for my family of 4 (kids aged 11 and 14) I'd be surprised.if I'd get change out of $300. No thanks.
I am booked in for lunch beginning of August, will be interesting to see how that is affected, if at all...
Old 21 Feb 18, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
hjanea46
slightly serious Dibber

The food choices so far sound much better than what we had to choose from at CRT last year. Will also be interested in the children's menu.

Helen.
hjanea46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm not a fan of the 2TC, but we may have done it if we didn't want to go to California Grill and Narcoosees. Couldn't use more of our TCs. So a one TC on the 26th it is.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Personally I can’t wait to see the new menu, I can understand why Disney have done this, I think it’s a great move! 😀
Old 21 Feb 18, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

I think one of the reasons Disney are changing the menu is because visitors were just turning up and only having a starter and a dessert as a cheap option.
Old 21 Feb 18, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
I think one of the reasons Disney are changing the menu is because visitors were just turning up and only having a starter and a dessert as a cheap option.
So true it will free a lot of reservations up 😀
Old 21 Feb 18, 08:03 PM  
Link to this Post
avvy-xo
Imagineer

Mobile

What does this mean for lunch?! Will lunch still be quick service?
avvy-xo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Finally, a proper quality restaurant in MK. We're used to Walt's in DLP so to us it is normal to have somewhere offering fine dining within the park.

I think it will discourage those who only want to get in to see the theming or meet the Beast, and free up reservations for those who want to actually eat there!

They will need to do something about the noise level though. It's not nicknamed 'Disney's fanciest mess hall' for nothing.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List