Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 9 Nov 08, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Virgin Holidays Disney Tickets

Yo Yo Yo, or is it Ho Ho Ho yet?

We have still to purchase our tickets for out Xmas trip, on looking at Virgin Holiday site we can save about 40 quid each. Now, are the Tickets REAL tickets or Vouchers? Come on now dont be shy, i am sure some fab dibber will know the answer.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 08, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post

they are vouchers, but really easy to exchange! see you there at xmas!
Old 9 Nov 08, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post

definitely vouchers.rang today for my friend.tried to get a couple of companies to price match, but they wouldnt as they knew virgin only supplied the vouchers.

Trish
Old 10 Nov 08, 12:50 AM  
Link to this Post
cat
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by angus View Post
Yo Yo Yo, or is it Ho Ho Ho yet?

We have still to purchase our tickets for out Xmas trip, on looking at Virgin Holiday site we can save about 40 quid each. Now, are the Tickets REAL tickets or Vouchers? Come on now dont be shy, i am sure some fab dibber will know the answer.
Virgin tickets for 2008 are very competitively priced but they shouldn't be £40 a person cheaper as the latest round of Disney price hikes were just for 2009 tickets.

I priced up 21 day Ultimates with them last week and they quoted me £196 per adult, Premier/Charter will do them for £188/£189.
cat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 08, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
paulap
Imagineer

Originally Posted by cat View Post
Virgin tickets for 2008 are very competitively priced but they shouldn't be £40 a person cheaper as the latest round of Disney price hikes were just for 2009 tickets.

I priced up 21 day Ultimates with them last week and they quoted me £196 per adult, Premier/Charter will do them for £188/£189.
I managed to get mine from Virgin cheaper than anywhere else because I still get the 10% FVC discount.
Old 10 Nov 08, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
scattycat
Excited about Disney

I added my 14 day Ultimate tickets to my holiday booking last week(just after price increases!) and paid £196 per adult.

Not a vast saving on other places but when you're buying 5 tickets it all helps and we don't have to pay until holiday is due to be paid in full

With rumours of further increases in the pipeline I wanted to fix the price now.
scattycat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Nov 08, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post

Yep, it is defiantly vouchers, which you need to exchange at the Customer services kiosk. Easy to do, but you need to figure a 10-15 minute wait at the start of the day (if like me you try to be the first in the Q for opening).
Old 10 Nov 08, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
Hi,

Do any of you know if you have to pay in full with Virgin for tickets, or can you just pay a deposit? Also can I just buy tickets even if not booked a holiday through them (just flights!).

Many thanks,
Old 10 Nov 08, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyD
Imagineer

DisneyD's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Hi Kate

The total for the tickets are jiust added to your balance and payment isn't due until 8 weeks before you go.

Have fun just over 3 weks for us!
Old 10 Nov 08, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
aims1982
Getting Excited

I have just booked 2 adults and one 1 child ticket through Virgin for 2009, price was £183 per adult and £160 for the child. Dep. would be £120 per person so decided to pay for all of it now. They are vouchers but as previous posts, they can be exchanged at the window for tickets. It's all feeling really real now!
aims1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread