Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 14 Nov 08, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
cebse
Excited about Disney

Yes got ours over the phone.
The £183 price is the 7 day premium price but they have the 14 days fr the price of seven on so I would give them a ring.
Old 14 Nov 08, 11:26 AM  
Link to this Post

we have always gotten our tickets from virgin as we get the 10% f/v discount

you receive a voucher which you redeem for your tickets at the ticket kiosk at park entrance, have never gone to customer service desk for these and have only ever had a 5 min wait
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 08, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by zorber View Post
How do you get the FVC 10% discount, i have just applied for an account and now have my membership number, when i go to add the tickets to my holiday they still come as full price and i dont see any boxes for puting discount codes in.

Any help appricated.
thanks

(just call me thick)
You have to ring up - you can't do online. Have you flown with Virgin before as I am not sure whether you need to have flowen with them already to activate your membership. Good luck
Old 14 Nov 08, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post

Does anyone have the number for Virgin to buy tickets?

Thanks
Old 14 Nov 08, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
zorber
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by FAL View Post
You have to ring up - you can't do online. Have you flown with Virgin before as I am not sure whether you need to have flowen with them already to activate your membership. Good luck
Thanks FAL
I will try phoning them, Though if asked where did i hear that virgin do 10% off the ticket prices with FVC membership?
thanks
zorber is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 08, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
paulap
Imagineer

Originally Posted by zorber View Post
How do you get the FVC 10% discount, i have just applied for an account and now have my membership number, when i go to add the tickets to my holiday they still come as full price and i dont see any boxes for puting discount codes in.

Any help appricated.
thanks

(just call me thick)
I'm not sure you will get 10% off if you are a NEW member - I think this is for people who were original members years ago who still kept their 10% discount.
Old 14 Nov 08, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Gaz
Imagineer

Gaz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Yes we also did it over the phone, but I get I different discount myself. We have to ring to get it also.

I didnt think of going to VH as we had already paid for our flights in full and wasnt sure we could get things after. It was my wife who saw this thread and told me to try i hate to say it dear, but you were right .

As for the FV discount, I thought you have to have at least two holidays with Virgin Holidays (not paid through Virgin Atlantic) as this is the first time we have paid VH we didnt qualify as FV, but hey I might be wrong (but please, not twice in the space of two weeks). Also, without a FV number attached to your name and booking I would have thought there would be no chance of getting the 10% off.
Gaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 08, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Gaz
Imagineer

Gaz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by LancsLot View Post
Does anyone have the number for Virgin to buy tickets?

Thanks
I just phoned the normal booking line and selected the "Amend Booking" option.
Gaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 08, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by paulap View Post
I'm not sure you will get 10% off if you are a NEW member - I think this is for people who were original members years ago who still kept their 10% discount.
I actually only joined at Easter. I would say to them that can you have the 10% off that frequent flyers have. I am not sure if they might ask you for your membership number. Even if you don't succeed it is worth a try.
Old 15 Nov 08, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
garethandlyn
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Gaz View Post
You can save APPROX £40 per person if you buy at Virgin Holiday than Atraction Tickets Direct.

For a 14 day and Flex ticket is comes to £307 with VH

For the same tickets at ATD it is £338

So I make that a difference of £31 then to add 10% discount makes it a saving of £62 each. So it does pay to shop around and approx £40 discounts per person can be found

Sorry to seem dull, I have booked my 7 day tickets with Virgin for £183, how could I have got an extra 10% OFF, I have a Virgin Credit Card does that help and booked with Virgin Atlantic. Cheers
garethandlyn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread