Closed Thread

Old 1 Mar 09, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
jamie27good
Very Serious Dibber

hiya

thanks for that

orlando 04,06,08,10,13,15,19,21
jamie27good is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 09, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by shelly View Post
Can i just ask where guest relations is in DTD?

Is it near Ghirardelli's?
See post#27
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Mar 09, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
koi
Serious Dibber

We will be using virgin vouchers on our 1st day for flexipasses. We will be going to SeaWorld & was wondering where we change our vouchers, as looking at a park map the Guest Services are on the other side of the entrance?
Old 1 Mar 09, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
space cadet
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
1. Virgin vouchers - go to GUEST RELATIONS not ordinary ticket booths.(With photo ID) Most folk go to the Downtown Disney one on their first night for Disney Tickets. AT DTD Marketplace they are by Arribas Brothers and on DTDWestside they are down from the fountain (which is in front of Planet Hollywood) opposite Wetzel's Pretzles.
At Universal, Guest Services ar located to the right of the big arch entrance.

2. Car hire - If you have booked in advance (presumably with Virgin) then you have paid all you need to. Just say No! and mean it if they start the hard sell.

3. Missed tolls. if you are travelling to WDW / I Drive along Beachline Expressway (used to be called Beeline) from Orlando Airport and back at end of holiday then you will pay two tolls each way - a total of £1.50 each way.
(If you were arriving at Sandford airport which I doubt you are, then you would pay 5 tolls on way to Disney and 5 on way back. -Route 417.)
In your case just make sure you have a few $1 bills in each direction.(We usually ask for about $20 worth when we get our cash currency - also useful for tipping porters) Unless you plan to roam all over Florida then tolls are not a problem.

Read a good guide book before you go - Brit's Guide or Unofficial Guide to WDW. Forewarned is fore-armed.

Thanks for this.

1. thank you, will make a note of this.

2. yes all booked with Budget with platnum insurance - will be very firm.

3. MCO to IDrive - Point Orlando end. nope def no roaming, this is the first time we have been so plan to stay as local as we possibly can!

Have got Brit's Guide but have only skimmed it, I shall have a good read. I do tend to be a bit of a panicer!

Thank you
Old 1 Mar 09, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
There is a window to guest services outside of the ticket booths, if I recall correctly it's to the left of the actual gates
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 09, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Bradleysmummy
Imagineer

Bradleysmummy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I've booked a package with virgin and included my park tickets on this, does this mean I will get vouchers instead of tickets?

If so did I read it right, that we can change these at DTD rather than a park?
Bradleysmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 09, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
There is a window to guest services outside of the ticket booths, if I recall correctly it's to the left of the actual gates
Seaworld - yes Bev that's correct.
Old 2 Mar 09, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Bradleysmummy View Post
I've booked a package with virgin and included my park tickets on this, does this mean I will get vouchers instead of tickets?

If so did I read it right, that we can change these at DTD rather than a park?
If the vouchers are for Disney tickets - yes.
Any Flex ticket voucher will need to be changed at one of the venues - Seaworld. Aquatica, Universal etc.
Old 2 Mar 09, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Ms Sleepy
Apprentice Imagineer

Ms Sleepy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
1. Virgin vouchers - go to GUEST RELATIONS not ordinary ticket booths.(With photo ID) Most folk go to the Downtown Disney one on their first night for Disney Tickets. AT DTD Marketplace they are by Arribas Brothers and on DTDWestside they are down from the fountain (which is in front of Planet Hollywood) opposite Wetzel's Pretzles.
At Universal, Guest Services ar located to the right of the big arch entrance.

2. Car hire - If you have booked in advance (presumably with Virgin) then you have paid all you need to. Just say No! and mean it if they start the hard sell.

3. Missed tolls. if you are travelling to WDW / I Drive along Beachline Expressway (used to be called Beeline) from Orlando Airport and back at end of holiday then you will pay two tolls each way - a total of £1.50 each way.
(If you were arriving at Sandford airport which I doubt you are, then you would pay 5 tolls on way to Disney and 5 on way back. -Route 417.)
In your case just make sure you have a few $1 bills in each direction.(We usually ask for about $20 worth when we get our cash currency - also useful for tipping porters) Unless you plan to roam all over Florida then tolls are not a problem.

Read a good guide book before you go - Brit's Guide or Unofficial Guide to WDW. Forewarned is fore-armed.
Thanks for that really good advice. I thought I'd read somewhere that if you are staying on resort you can exchange the vouchers at check-in for tickets, that can then be added to your room key. Am I wrong on this as this is my first time in 17 years need all the advice I can get.
Ms Sleepy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 09, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Re changing them the night before - I am getting the 7day premier ticket so would this take one day off the ticket or are they only taken off when used for park admission?
Closed Thread