Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 10 Jan 13, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
scots minnie
Apprentice Imagineer

scots minnie's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
this is a real shame ive been looking at tickets for our trip but a bit concerned now,wether to use them
Old 10 Jan 13, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
anniebee65
Imagineer

Any news OP?
anniebee65 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 13, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
SugarRush
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Originally Posted by scots minnie View Post
this is a real shame ive been looking at tickets for our trip but a bit concerned now,wether to use them
Don't worry I've used them for every trip and never had an issue
Old 10 Jan 13, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
chrisbrad
Gone all Goofy
- DIBB Advertiser -

Morning,

We have been following this conversation with interest and naturally we are always concerned to hear of any circumstances where customers have received incorrect tickets.

Normally we wouldn't interject a conversation on The Dibb as we respect the fact that everyone has a right to their own opinion; whether they've received an excellent service from us, or something has gone wrong. On this occasion though we would like to comment on the issues raised to help clear up any confusion that may have arisen and put people's minds at rest.

1) Tickets not received

In relation to the customer who started this thread, we have looked into the booking and spoken with him and resolved the issue. We are very sorry that this mistake occurred.

In terms of the out of date Legoland ticket that went out, we are looking into this as a priority and once again apologise that an incorrect ticket was issued. This is not acceptable and we are looking into how this could have happened.

2) Incorrect Pricing

As you know, over the Christmas period an incorrect price was displayed on our site which resulted in us receiving hundreds of bookings, all at a crippling loss. I know some Dibb users were understandably upset by this and there seems to be a feeling that we have in some way benefited from this error.

As such, I hope you dont mind me just clarifying what happened...

The ticket in question was a Disney & SeaWorld Combo ticket. This comprises 2 tickets (a 14 Day Disney Ultimate ticket and a 3 Park SeaWorld ticket). In our back office, both these tickets were priced correctly, but due to a technical fault, the Disney element of the price did not feed through to the front end site. We were therefore offering both tickets for just the price of the 3 Park SW ticket (incurring a £259 loss per ticket!)

The child ticket was working fine which is why the adult price looked so cheap. Please please be assured though that this was a technical error and not just a pricing mistake.

As this was the first time this had happened, we immediately changed our terms and conditions to protect us moving forward as we didn't understand the cause of the problem at the time and we therefore had to guard against it happening again.

Perhaps we could have dealt with the fallout better, but we contacted all customers affected, and then spoke to hundreds over the course of the ensuing 48 hours. We tried to offer as personal service as we could and we apologised to everyone concerned and did all we could to restore their confidence in us.

I can assure you that for us it was very difficult time and in no way did we benefit commercially.

In summary, we proudly serve over 250,000 customers a year to Florida and we try to ensure that each and every one of our customers is happy with the service they receive. Of course we are not perfect and things do go wrong from time to time. What I can promise though is that when mistakes do happen, we do everything we can to put things right and we will always be available to help - whether our customers have a problem before they go or when they are in Florida.

Thank you for your continued support!

Yours sincerely,

Chris Bradshaw
Director
ATD Travel Services

Edited at 01:27 PM.
chrisbrad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 13, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
familybell
Apprentice Imagineer

I ordered tickets during 'the glitch' the prices paid were hugely discounted and I fully expected my order to be cancelled, I dont understand why the OP wasnt a bit vary about the prices paid, especially as already stated they have bought theme park tickets in the past, the must have realised something was wrong. As with booking online I imagined that the contact would be via email and was constantly checking for a email to cancel my booking, I dont understand why the OP didnt, surely anyone would realise this was a huge pricing error and was most likely to be cancelled.
I did eventually rebook other tickets with ATD and got a nice discount, I was happy to use them as I understand this was an error but if I was so annoyed as the OP then I would be booking with another company not using the same company that had already caused so much stress.
I was very happy with the service, and would recommend.
familybell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 13, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post

well as promised an update:

My partner has just got off the phone with oliver at ATD and it seems that one of our tickets was in fact delivered (we booked the beluga interacton at seaworld which we strongly recommend have done it 3 times and its amazing) The confirmation letter is not very clear at all that its for 2 people (we have booked direct with seaworld usa for our past visits which is a lot clearer than booking it through ATD) Basically if you book direct with seaworld usa you recieve a confirmation for each person in your party and also the disclaimer basically saying if we are injured ect during the interaction then you know the risks of the interaction, you do not recieve this if booked through ATD just one confirmation with the person who booked it name on and not all the peoples names in your party that are doing the interaction and no disclaimer to sign before the trip apparently we have to do this at the park on the day with booking through ATD also if you read the delivery package confirmation from ATD then it does say: ordered 2 - shipped 2... which makes it sound like we should have got a confirmation ticket for each person doing the interaction this is not the case so hope everyone can understand the mistake that we have made on the original 1st post and in fact it was 3 missing tickets and not 4.

As for the other 3 missing tickets, Oliver has promised to send out our other missing tickets today. He can not explain why we have not recieved all our tickets but thinks it might be down to them rushing the tickets out to us (he was very apologetic about the missing tickets) via next day delivery, so just hope they get here in time and no delay from the courier.

I just want everything to be perfect as this trip is a bonus trip to celebrate my partners 40th birthday NO kids , NO parents so lots of and just the two of us WOW! .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 13, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
markhunter
slightly serious Dibber

Why did people book the tickets if you "knew" it was some sort of glitch sounds a bit daft to me ? i can see both sides of the arguement, however some sort of sweetner would of been a good gesture to the people involved as way of an appology ?
Old 10 Jan 13, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
shedenuk
Imagineer

I remember seeing the thread about the "glitch" and people giving it a go and tbh if I had been going to Orlando I this year I would of had a go too. But right throughout the thread the people who were buying the tickets really knew that it was too good to be true but were happy to have a punt. No one should be surprised that the orders were cancelled really especially since it was such a large glitch. No company in these times could sustain these losses.

1994 & 1998 Days Inn 192,
2000 Summerset Villa's,
2002 1000 Oaks, 2004 Eagle Pointe, 2006 Windsor Hills, 2007 Windsor Hills,
2009 Bella Vida.

2010 New York Helmsley Hotel 42nd Street
2011 Bella Vida
2012 & 2013 New York
2014 Bella Vida
shedenuk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 13, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by scots minnie View Post
I wounds worry, we've used them a few times and had very good service. In fact our first trip they sent one ticket too many, which I did return
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 13, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
fantasy
VIP Dibber

I am in the process of ordering with ATD. I did last year and was happy. I think in all honesty it has been a mistake and let's face it nobody's perfect
Although I hope they learn from it because it should be a simple experience not stressfull :angry: