Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 28 Aug 13, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post

i had no problems linking mine and after the update today the system has all the correct ticket info

Does linking them online mean that we can use magicbands for park entry?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 13, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
littleacceb
Being a bit Goofy

Anyone have any idea how to get a reference number if your tickets are part of a Virgin package? Had such a palaver getting the hotel res number linked, I'm almost afraid to ask them.
littleacceb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 13, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post

this is going to be a problem for anyone who has booked with virgin as you wont get you tickets until about a couple of weeks before you travel and they will be vouchers I wonder if they are going to change this?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 13, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
KattyJemmeg
Proud to wear my Ears

Does anyone that has managed to link their 14 day ultimate tickets know whether you have to input your start date? In other words, how does MDE know when to start the 14 day clock if you are an offsite guest? If we can (once fully rolled out) book FP+ 60 days out, I assume you need to tell MDE of your start date so that it can work out your FP+ booking window?
KattyJemmeg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 13, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
JMGPannal
Excited about Disney

You can't at the moment, as FP+ is only available for on site guests.

The only way I can see it working is that it gives you a 14 day window from first FP+ booking to the last and days become available 60 days in advance.

Disney really need to tell people more, we're all wondering without any concrete info. There's one school of thought that says that FP+ will only be available as a perk of staying in a Disney hotel and off site guests will no longer have access. But no one knows except Disney, and they ain't saying!
DLR - Apr '22
DCL - Jul '21 (Magic), Jul ‘23 (Wish) & Nov ‘23 (Fantasy)
JMGPannal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 13, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
To be honest I don't think they know. I have listened to a lot of podcasts about all this stuff, and it has taken a lot longer and hit a lot more snags than anticipated. It has changed hugely from the original plan, and probably will again before it is rolled out - and again once it goes live and they get feedback.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 13, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Paddcomp
Imagineer

What advantage do you get from linking your Disney tickets to your MDE app? I presume this is the phone app that you can book restaurants and look at park hours and fast pass time etc.
Easter 2014 - Oak Island cove Dibb Villa
Easter 2018 - Lindfields Dibb Villa
Paddcomp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 13, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by littleacceb View Post
Anyone have any idea how to get a reference number if your tickets are part of a Virgin package? Had such a palaver getting the hotel res number linked, I'm almost afraid to ask them.
I'm in the never ending loop of sorting mine out. Four phone calls to WDW to see what can be done on their part (as someone on here had their tickets added) and 4 emails to Virgin requesting them to email the CM dealing with the problem for me to confirm I have bought tickets(which Disney already realise as I have a dining plan etc etc but don't recognise on the My Disney Experience).

Today is the day when Virgin telephone me with the result. Will let you know.

Originally Posted by Hoppers View Post
this is going to be a problem for anyone who has booked with virgin as you wont get you tickets until about a couple of weeks before you travel and they will be vouchers I wonder if they are going to change this?
If you stay on site you don't even get that. You just pick them up when you check-in at your resort.
Shifu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 13, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
littleacceb
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by Paddcomp View Post
What advantage do you get from linking your Disney tickets to your MDE app? I presume this is the phone app that you can book restaurants and look at park hours and fast pass time etc.
The new FastPass+ system is being rolled out over the next few months and you will need tickets linked to your account in order to get any kind of FastPass. The new ones can be booked from 60 days out, so I'd like to avoid having to wait until I have physical tickets at the very last minute.

Originally Posted by Shifu View Post
I'm in the never ending loop of sorting mine out. Four phone calls to WDW to see what can be done on their part (as someone on here had their tickets added) and 4 emails to Virgin requesting them to email the CM dealing with the problem for me to confirm I have bought tickets(which Disney already realise as I have a dining plan etc etc but don't recognise on the My Disney Experience).

Today is the day when Virgin telephone me with the result. Will let you know.
Ooh, wonderful. I will keep things crossed for you and look forward to hearing how you get on! I just got an email reply from Virgin telling me how to make ADRs. Bless them... I wonder if their staff have been instructed to be vague due to the limited info available, or if they genuinely don't know what's what.

When's your trip?
littleacceb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 13, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by littleacceb View Post
Ooh, wonderful. I will keep things crossed for you and look forward to hearing how you get on! I just got an email reply from Virgin telling me how to make ADRs. Bless them... I wonder if their staff have been instructed to be vague due to the limited info available, or if they genuinely don't know what's what.

When's your trip?
YES YES YES!

Finally! Endless calls to Disney with the result of 'you need to get VH to contact us'...then 4 emails later to VH... (replies went along the lines of explaining the dining plans, telling me there is no need for them to contact the RESORT as everything was correct and I had tickets, to giving me my booking reference number for the Dolphin Hotel.

By this time I was losing the will... so I telephoned a number attached to one of the emails. And the most wonderful and helpful VH assistant in the world, Jade, listened...understood ...(she'd holidayed at WDW so 'got it') and said "Leave it with me, I'll telephone them and we'll sort it".

Well...Jade called me back and said she'd spoken to WDW. Asked me a couple of questions...the tickets still weren't showing on MDExp so Jade went away again, spoke again to WDW...and DA-DAAAAAAAH!

I now have my Fastpass+ rides all linked and booked! All thanks to Jade at VH. (I did mention that there were plenty of other Dibbers in a similar situation and be prepared for the rush).

Oh...and we leave Oct 20th... You?

The number for customer relations (where I discovered Jade) is
0844 557 4002 (not her direct line)
There are a number of assistants there which may pick up, but Jade was the one that helped me.

Edited at 09:52 AM.
Shifu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread